Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody build a good fire apparatus anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    I guess my answer is look at a lot of newer vehicles on the road. They can't even keep paint on them, let alone stop them from rusting.
    Blame the envirowackos/EPA for many of the paint issues today. Killin the ozone doncha know.

Comment

Originally posted by neiowa View Post
      Blame the envirowackos/EPA for many of the paint issues today. Killin the ozone doncha know.
      I am not buying that excuse. When some car manufacturers were having no problems at all keeping paint on their vehicles others were having it fall off in sheets. My 1992 Dakota for example. I believe it is **** poor surface preperation and inferior primer and paint application. If it was/is as you say, the EPA and environmenatalists, ALL vehicles would have their paint peeling not just a select few from a select few manufacturers.
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by DFDMAXX View Post
        CHURCH! Preaching to the choir here. I hope to own my very own CF to restore and love one day.

They can even bury me in it.
        Brother, HALLELUJAH!! I too have the dream of owning my very own CF someday. To lovingly restore and paint in my favorite paint scheme of black over red. To replace the blasphemy of a light bar with the matching twin gumballs that God had intentended to adorn the roof of a Mack CF.

But being buried in it? Nah, my oldest would dig me up and kill me again if i did that!!
        Crazy, but that's how it goes
        Millions of people living as foes
        Maybe it's not too late
        To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Does anyone build good anything anymore???

Comment

Originally posted by FireRescue61 View Post
            Does anyone build good anything anymore???
            As stated earlier, I think most manufacturers make a "good" truck... but with every truck being a one-off custom, there are bound to be issues. If you look at each brand of truck, there are Fire Departments that continually buy them. Dealer support is a BIG factor in that. Each and every fire truck sold will have a problem at some point... some more than others... but how the dealer handles it is what will keep people coming back for more or running the other way.

Originally posted by engine341
            Do I like to have to take low bid on a manufacture/ dealer we may have not delt with ever*&^%$#@ no!
            I think excluding a brand or dealer because you've never dealt with them is a mistake. If you get a bid from Joe's Fire Apparatus, the dealer is close by, and the price is within reason, you should go to their plant and ask for some references. By passing on someone just because you've never dealt with them or because your neighboring department doesn't have one, you could very well miss out on a great truck backed up by some great people. Going by brand alone will get you nowhere... do your homework, and consider what options will be best.
            TruckCommittee.com

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post

But being buried in it? Nah, my oldest would dig me up and kill me again if i did that!!
              You bet your fat white arse I would.
              "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X