New Fire Apparatus mfg each year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fire Apparatus mfg each year?

Does anyone have an idea of how many new fire apparatus of all sorts are manufactured each year? (In the U.S) I've heard the number 5,000 mentioned before but I don't know if that is accurate.

If you are counting all types of fire apparatus built that number might not be far off. Your best bet would be to make an inquiry through FAMA.
    Just a guy...

Lieutenant - Woodbury, MN FD (Retired)
    Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN4

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any company I have ever worked for, past or present.

Comment

Love the new avatar. Well done.

Sorry for the post, but it made me laugh.

Carry on.

FM1
      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

I have always understood it to be around 5-6 thousand per year on average, however for the last two years the market has contracted significantly. I believe expected numbers this year are in the 3500 to 4000 range.

Comment

Last week I listened to a podcast on here with reps from the big builders around the US. The numbers thrown around were 5500 per year on average. Last year though was around 4000 with it being the around the same this year.

Comment

Gentlemen, thank you for the info. After posting I checked with FAMA and I can confirm they indicate 5500 deliveries in a normal year, 4000 deliveries in this 'year of economic collapse' as the guy said.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
              Love the new avatar. Well done.

Sorry for the post, but it made me laugh.

Carry on.

FM1
              Glad you like it. I thought this might help people realize my name is not, in fact, John. LOL.
              Just a guy...

Lieutenant - Woodbury, MN FD (Retired)
              Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN4

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any company I have ever worked for, past or present.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X