Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeadOff
    replied
    Check out the latest news from ALF concerning the establishment of corporate service centers.

http://evehiclenews.com/2010/10/07/a...rvice-centers/

For the Ephrata (old LTI complex) facility, you just have to remember one thing. If you take your Crimson aerial up there for work, go to the building on the left after you go through the front gate. For the ALF/LTI trucks, go to the service buidling on the right. Sort of funny, isn't it. I hear they are going to put up a fence right through the middle of the complex to split the Crimson and ALF buildings. Wonder how long this odd set-up will last. I guess it depends on how long ALF will hold on.

Leave a comment:

• tomwnh
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Seagrave is owned by the F.W.D. Corporation and is not currently for sale.

FWD Corporation, Incorporated by Brian Becker, James Hebe, Richard Kalin, FWD Corporation is located at 105 E 12th St Clintonville, WI 54929. FWD Corporation was incorporated in the State of FL and is currently not active.

Source: Public Record data - Department of State - Division of Corporations.

Randolph Lenz, Chair of FWD's parent company, Corsta Corp., became embroiled in a FDIC suit and in 2003 all assets of FWD: FWD Corporation, Seagrave, Baker Aerialscope and Almonte Fire Trucks were sold to an investment group headed by former American LaFrance executive James Hebe. Today, the Seagrave group is a flagship company of ELB Capital Management.

http://elbcap.com/

Leave a comment:

• LeadOff
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Maybe not yet but the future doesn't look too bright for Seagrave right now. BTW, FWD no longer owns Seagrave (see below).

http://www.elbcap.com/
    Last edited by LeadOff; 10-06-2010, 11:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by LeadOff View Post
    I bet Ferrara is still interested unless the LLC that now owns them ends up buying Seagrave instead.

Leave a comment:

• Engine305
    replied
    Omg

Hows about Pierce/Aerialscope................................Arrow XT w scopes

Leave a comment:

• LeadOff
    replied
    If anybody buys "LTI" now, they would most likely be buying the intellectual property for the LTI aerial design so that the buyer could start producing it at another location, not likely in Ephrata. I bet Ferrara is still interested unless the LLC that now owns them ends up buying Seagrave instead. With Ferrara getting in bed with the FDNY, they need to get the Aerialscope.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by FRANCISBRUCE View Post
    ALF still leases three of the four buildings on the site. Crimson took over the largest of the three, but ALF and Crimson basically have the same square footage. ALF may have a little more. I dropped in on the site a few weeks ago and it looks like modifications are being made to one of the buildings that looks to be on ALF's side. Looks like a service center. Based on the flyers and ads I have seen from ALF, they have been promoting service in Ephrata, so my guess is that is what they are doing to the third building.

I would love to see the Crimson press release that they bought LTI considering Spartan has been selling off every other business.
    Doesn't say anything about LTI on the Crimsom document. Says they LEASED the big bldg AND the test tower. Spartan ISN'T "selling off every other business", they've shed a couple ventures that didn't do as well as they hoped. Given the choice of trusting Alf or Crimson,my MONEY would be on Crimson. Markets are still tightening, look to see mfgs making changes to stay going. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• FRANCISBRUCE
    replied
    ALF still leases three of the four buildings on the site. Crimson took over the largest of the three, but ALF and Crimson basically have the same square footage. ALF may have a little more. I dropped in on the site a few weeks ago and it looks like modifications are being made to one of the buildings that looks to be on ALF's side. Looks like a service center. Based on the flyers and ads I have seen from ALF, they have been promoting service in Ephrata, so my guess is that is what they are doing to the third building.

I would love to see the Crimson press release that they bought LTI considering Spartan has been selling off every other business.

Leave a comment:

• LeadOff
    replied
    I finally got a chance to talk to one of the Crimson Aerials guys about their move up to Ephrata. The move is still underway and should be completed by the end of this month. Crimson is only moving into and leasing (from the Zimmermans) ONE of the buildings, the large main production bldg, in the former LTI complex. ALF is still operating to some degree in the remaining buildings. I was told there was not that much going on up there on the ALF side of the parking lot but not sure what that really means. If and when ALF goes away completely, Crimson may lease at least one additional building for service work or inspections but is not likely to take all of the buildings, at least not in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• ladderman
    replied
    From what I have been told Crimson is installing new Paint booths along with other upgrades to the buildings.

Leave a comment:

• FireLineEquip
    replied
    The paint and blast booths were removed from the main building. Believe they were sold during the auction.

Leave a comment:

• RFDACM02
    replied
    I believe from reading a few "insider" memos/emails that Crimson has leased all but one building at the Ephrata plant? IIRC the one building remaining under ALF/LTI is the large building to the right as you enter the property? For the life of me I can't recall what that was being used for when we were there in 2006, but I did think they had a paint booth in one of the smaller buildings in the far right corner on the elevated portion of the property.

Anyway, I hope this works out well for Crimson and we'll wait and see what the future holds for ALF/LTI. Does anyone know if ALF had set up to building aerials down south?

Leave a comment:

• Skysthelimit
    replied
    If you look at the footprint of the site you have 5 structures on site. The main Facility that Crimson maybe Leasing from Zimco Inc is the old LTI ? ALF weld shop and assembly line and office portion of the operation, The weld shop has 1-paint booth and a Blast Booth in it. The only paint building on site is still being used by ALF. Alf has the old Fab/ Machine shop, the paint shop, the old service shop and the new shop that was added onto the Fab/Machine shop. I guess My question maybe if ALF has the only Paint Building on site, this means that Crimson will have to install a paint finish booth into there operation and if this is done. Who will determine the VOC output of both operations being so close together? Good luck Boys let the games begin.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by FRANCISBRUCE View Post
    Man....it is a wonder how rumors get started.

There are 4 main buildlings at the Ephrata plant. Crimson leases the largest building, but ALF leases the other 3. If you have ever seen the location, it looks like ALF still has more square footage and land, but in 3 buildings instead of one. Crimson is moving out of their main aerial facility probably (my rumor this time) because ALF downsized out of the main building and the Zimmerman's needed to lease it. Guess is Crimson got a good deal. Not a lot of growth outside of the one building.

I guess Ephrata is now the first test model for the Lowes/Home Depot concept. Two buildings selling the same thing, but located within a stones throw of each other.
    WRONG! 5 buildings on property, Crimson leased at least TWO of the five INCLUDING the test tower and the LARGE bldg. I've SEEN the internal Crimson memo.Now there is still speculation on the other storage type building, it appears to be Alf at the moment but who knows. For the Ephrata conniseaur. T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 09-20-2010, 11:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FRANCISBRUCE
    replied
    Man....it is a wonder how rumors get started.

There are 4 main buildlings at the Ephrata plant. Crimson leases the largest building, but ALF leases the other 3. If you have ever seen the location, it looks like ALF still has more square footage and land, but in 3 buildings instead of one. Crimson is moving out of their main aerial facility probably (my rumor this time) because ALF downsized out of the main building and the Zimmerman's needed to lease it. Guess is Crimson got a good deal. Not a lot of growth outside of the one building.

I guess Ephrata is now the first test model for the Lowes/Home Depot concept. Two buildings selling the same thing, but located within a stones throw of each other.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X