No announcement yet.

Ind. front Susp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little birdie told me Spartan just got new IFS up to 24K Lbs, improved cramp angle and new pricing (lower). It's not in Sparcon yet but can be special optioned for pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
      60,000 miles on OE brakes??? Yeah, right.
      Originally posted by txgp17
      I raise the BS flag on that one too.
      And it very well may be. I can only tell you what I was personally told. This wasn't through the gravevine. I called the LA City fire shop personally.

I don't what the shop guy would have to lose or gain based on our conversation. I can only tell you what he said.

Perhaps he meant no major brake repairs and was excluding pads.....don't know.
      RK
      cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
        And it very well may be. I can only tell you what I was personally told. This wasn't through the gravevine. I called the LA City fire shop personally.

I don't what the shop guy would have to lose or gain based on our conversation. I can only tell you what he said.

Perhaps he meant no major brake repairs and was excluding pads.....don't know.
        I sat in on a seminar once with the guy that ran fleet for LA City and someone from fleet from FDNY, and they (LA) do run one heck of an auxillary braking package. Think it was a Telma and a Jake brake, but its been a few years and I could have my facts wrong. That could certainly explain extended brake life...
        "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

I don't care what secondary braking system you use on your rigs. Being either a Telma system or a Jake brake, or both, there is no way you are going to get 60,000 miles on the original brake pads. Only reason that could POSSIBLY happen, is if your runs are on the highway or interstate. Then that MIGHT, be possible. But I doubt it.

FM1
          I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
          "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Thanks to all who answered back. I appreciate the feed back.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X