No announcement yet.

Pictures of Hale 8FG pumps showing intake and discharge manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew I had these pictures somewhere, just took awhile to find them. I'm pretty sure they are 8FG, they're Hale pumps anyways. They are from years ago when I was first researching rear mounts.
    Attached Files

Comment

I should note, I believe those pics are all Saulsbury built trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johngagemn View Post
        If the pump is going to flow only when big water is required an 8FG is a good choice, if the majority of the time it's going to flow a few hand lines it is a poor choice.
        I tend to agree with this ideology. Our department has one 8FG: on an aerial platform. The pumpers still get the Q-Max. To echo an earlier statement, The 8FG is well-suited for a "big water" truck.

Don't know if this is important, but the 8FG is only available with mechanical seals.

C6

Comment

This one isn't a Hale but would is a similar manifold set-up. The exception is the 8FG would require two 6" intakes.
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't recall the details on this rig. Maybe Blitzfiresolo can chime in.
            Attached Files

Comment

http://www.haleproducts.com/_Downloa...%20PL784AH.pdf

Here is the Hale drawing for that pump. It does not come standard with a manifold. It comes with an 8" suction flange and a 6" discharge flange.

Comment

Originally posted by VanIsleEVT View Post
                This one isn't a Hale but would is a similar manifold set-up. The exception is the 8FG would require two 6" intakes.
                That is a Waterous S100, looks to be the version with a 6" Victaulic inlet. It is also available with an 8" inlet.
                Just a guy...

Lieutenant - Woodbury, MN FD (Retired)
                Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN4

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any company I have ever worked for, past or present.

Comment

I know it's an S100, I spec'd that truck.

Comment

Originally posted by VanIsleEVT View Post
                    I know it's an S100, I spec'd that truck.
                    LOL, right on.
                    Just a guy...

Lieutenant - Woodbury, MN FD (Retired)
                    Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN4

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any company I have ever worked for, past or present.

Comment

It's only a 6" intake because it's rated for 1500 gpm rather the 2000. If 2000 gpm is enough, I believe the S100 is a better option then Hale. Dual stripping edges balance out the side load on the shaft.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X