Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom All wheel drive Fire Apparatus

Dear Firehouse members,

my name is Lukas and I am a fire apparatus enthusiast and photographer from austria.

I am currently working on a book project regarding all wheel drive fire trucks from the US.

Does someone may know some great custom all wheel drive fire trucks??????

Department - State - Type of trucks - Brand - Year .....

I know a lot of trucks from Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, California, Nevada...
    East or West Coast...

Please help me and send me some informations and pics!

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards from Austria!
    Lukas

I saw a monster custom 4WD that was delivered to either Lake Placid NY or Wilmington NY FD a few years ago.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Red, White and Blue Fire District, Summit County, Colorado (near Breckenridge)
      http://www.rwbfire.org/index.php/about_us/apparatus/

Copper Mountain Fire Department, Summit County, Colorado
      http://www.coppermtnmetro.org/CMFDequipment.html

Lake Dillon Fire/Rescue, Summit County, Colorado
      (click on Photo Gallery)
      http://ldfr.org/content//index.php?o...id=5&Itemid=30

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshkosh_Striker

The ultimate in custom built, all wheel drive apparatus!

Not quite sure if ARFF meets your guidelines, but we have one of these at the airport wehre I work.

Comment

There is a FD in Texas has some very very neat 6x6 Stewart Stevenson FMTV (as US Army) wildland trucks. I'm drawing a blank on the FD name but there are complete build photos on the internet. Speced by Larry Stevens as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by neiowa View Post
            There is a FD in Texas has some very very neat 6x6 Stewart Stevenson FMTV (as US Army) wildland trucks. I'm drawing a blank on the FD name but there are complete build photos on the internet. Speced by Larry Stevens as I recall.
            Was this the site you were thinking about?

http://www.reocities.com/annavillefd/

Comment

Originally posted by neiowa View Post
              Speced by Larry Stevens as I recall.
              I never quite figured out who Larry Stevens is anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Acklan View Post
                Was this the site you were thinking about?

http://www.reocities.com/annavillefd/
                Right you are. Annaville FD

Comment

Glad I could help.

Comment

Originally posted by FireRescue61 View Post
                    Larry died several years ago, he used to rep TFT way back when

Comment

Thanks for all of your posts!

I know some trucks that you all mentioned.

I am looking for informations on custom chassis awd trucks from manufacturers such like Pierce Mfg., KME, Spartan Chassis....

They are hard to find in the USA.
                      In austria, nearly 80% of the fire apparatus are equipped with awd.

Thanks for your posts and informations in advance!

Kind regards from austria.

Comment

Pierce All Wheel Drive Custom Contender

Here is a photo of a 2009 AWD Pumper located in Northern, New Jersey, this fire department has one nice looking engine !
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
                          Here is a photo of a 2009 AWD Pumper located in Northern, New Jersey, this fire department has one nice looking engine !
                          Hey.. that truck is almost ripe!
                          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Larry Stevens was an editor at FireRescue Magazine and he was a poster here.

He knew his stuff... but he could be as abrasive as a 30 grit sanding disc.

He took his own life for reasons unknown.

From Fire Chief magazine...
                            Larry Stevens, Consultant & Former Editor, Dies at 46

Mar 19, 2004 12:00 PM

Larry H. Stevens of Fallon, Nev., a fire service figure known widely as an outspoken fire service editor and as “ISO Slayer” for his consulting to help fire departments across the country improve their Insurance Service Organization rating, died Tuesday, March 16.

The 46-year-old former employee of ISO and fire chief of the Suisun (Calif.) Fire Department, Stevens was the long-time editor of Firefighter News, which later became the JEMS publication Fire-Rescue magazine. He also worked for the Nevada Fire Marshal’s office. Most recently, he was a consultant who worked with fire departments, state fire services and fire marshals across the country. His speciality was helping fire departments lower their ISO ratings.

“It’s a very sad day for the fire service,” said John Gill of Fire Apparatus Consulting Services of Houston, a long-time friend of Stevens. Gill said flowers and condolence calls have poured in from all over the nation and from Europe as news of Steven’s death broke.

As outspoken as he was brilliant, Stevens could and often did challenge people’s knowledge of fire department operations, especially pump operations. “He was a unique guy. People loved him and people hated him,” said Gill. “But wherever they came into contact with him, he made them put their thinking caps on…. Every fire department, fire commissioner and fire chief that came into contact with him is better for having known him.”

“He was a fireman’s fireman,” said Mike Compagnoni, an engineer with the Fallon/Churchill Fire Department and very good friend. “I always joked that I wished I could remember half the stuff that Larry has forgotten about the fire service. But Larry never forgot anything about the fire service. He taught me so many things. He was my hero.”

Stevens is survived by a wife and four children, ages 8 through 18.

A graveside memorial service for Stevens was held Friday. A memorial service will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 1170 S. Taylor Avenue in Fallon. (See www.stjohnsfallon.org for more information.)

The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations by made to the Stevens Family Memorial Fund, care of Bank of America, account No. 004968286111. Donations may be made at any Bank of America.

Condolences may be sent to the Stevens family at 2050 Manchester Circle, Fallon, Nev. 89406.
                            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

ISO Slayer

Larry Stevens was the Editor for Fire Rescue Magazine for several years, he was also the founder of our company ISO Slayer... We assist communities with their ISO ratings.... He was an "Outside the Box" thinker... most loved him and a few hated him....

David

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X