Ward?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward?!?!

Does anyone know whats going on with the "Ward" name? I have seen them at the NY show this year. They have expressed that they don't have any relation to the Ward LaFrance moniker.... their site is below

http://www.ward-fire.com

Never heard of them. They should pay someone to build them a website, rather than having what appears to be a 15 years old construct it.
    Could I ask if you work for Ward? Seems strange your very first post is in promotion of their website.

Comment

Would you happen to be the dealer/rep out of Hooksett?

Comment

I'm not... I stopped by the booth at the NY show and was just curious as to if anyone has heard anything...

Comment

I was talking to Alan Saulsbury at the Balto Fire Expo about the state of the fire apparatus industry today. He mentioned that despite the fact that several of the larger manufacturers are in trouble and some have gone away or are about to go under, there are still small, regional manufacturers that continue to pop up. Ward must be one of those. It it wasn't for the internet and websites, most of the country would never know they even existed.

Comment

I saw one at the new england show. It was made by Fort Garry up in canada. The yellow manufacturers tag on the door said Fort Garry, but the label on the outside of the truck said Ward. I dont know for sure but maybe Ward is a distributor of some sort in the states?

It was a pumper with a crew module, inside pump operators panel on a harvester chassis.

Comment

ok, after looking at the webpage, some things look familiar and jogged my memory. The business is in saratoga springs, ny. Last year a company incorporated in albany ny as ward lafrance truck corp. Saratoga is about 30 miles from albany. People i know out that way didnt know much about it but thought something was going on where a "new" builder was gonna open.

Their web page claims an affiliation with FGFT (fort garry fire trucks). It does sound like they may be an importer for them and might have a dealer network. So, i guess the dealer goes through the importer who goes through fort garry. the units must then be rebadged fort garry trucks.

Comment

I will chime in on this topic as I am very aware of the situation, Ward's trucks are basically rebranded FG trucks if they are (aluminum/stainless). From what I understand, this enables "Ward" to give customer's assurance that the warranty work will be honered as FGFT has been around since 1919, is ISO-9001 cert, and has a $25 million liabilty coverage, and so on. I know they also do composite bodies through plastisol and are looking at introducing a privately labeled aerial line that is not RK, time will tell - seems with today's economy they may have taken a smart path to start up and limiting overhead!
                Last edited by dano313; 07-24-2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Whats the connection with Global Fire Group? the ward lafrance and global web pages were the same template and pics?

I dont understand the warranty thing though, you mean fgft cant cover the warranty 'cuz of the border and woard will take responsiblity entirely?

Will the aerial be Gmaex by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by ffp20 View Post
                    Whats the connection with Global Fire Group? the ward lafrance and global web pages were the same template and pics?

I dont understand the warranty thing though, you mean fgft cant cover the warranty 'cuz of the border and woard will take responsiblity entirely?

Will the aerial be Gmaex by any chance?
                    As far as I know no connection to Global Fire Group and it's not Ward LaFrance either. No, supposedly and "American" type of aerial device planed for next spring

Comment

Fort Garry is also the Canadian Dealer/Agent for Sutphen Fire Apparatus.

Comment

Originally posted by Reliance View Post
                        Fort Garry is also the Canadian Dealer/Agent for Sutphen Fire Apparatus.
                        It will not be a Sutphen - as far as I know the aerial line may be built by a different manufacturer

Comment

well that kind of narrows it down lol.

Comment

Well I was under the understanding that Ward was going to build their own units. And it was going to really be Ward LaFrance. The word I hear is that the company is more of a playtoy than a true forray into apparatus building.
                            Fyrtrks

Comment

Dan, I am pretty sure I will be seeing Mr. Burzichelli on August 1, I will be sure to inquire about this.
                              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X