• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    esclade
    Forum Member

• esclade
    replied
    Here is a two door commercial Chassis with a 3000 tank and a 750gpm hale pump.. http://www.bluegrassfireapparatus.com/display.asp?ID=87

Leave a comment:

• Medicc315
    Forum Member

• Medicc315
    replied
    I will be going in the middle of september to pick up exactly what you are looking for from southern apparatus. We ordered a four door freightliner chassi, with a 1250 gpm pump, and a 3000 gal. tank. wanted highside dry side. When we bid the truck out it was between them and deep south which does just a good of truck.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    Forum Member

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by fireinfo10 View Post
    Biggest single vehicle safety issue for fire service and FF is tankers rollover. In particular, commercial cab.

On a big tanker get the roll stability control system. They work and a huge safety improvement. On commercial cab IH has out now and not that expensive. Frtliner says will have coming soon (whatever that means).

And get 1901 tilt table certification. The 1901 math/calculation method apparently is already becoming meaningless BS by those who can't afford to buy a tilt table and won't spend a few $ testing to prove their designs are safe. By “coincidence” the mfg that don’t tilt table are the same ones that have draftsmen “designing” trucks not REAL engineers doing REAL R&D. Stack the two factors and what do you get?
    Here's another idea. KEEP THE RIG IN THE ROAD. Most of 'em DO NOT roll until they hit the shoulder. No amount of Electronics will save your azz once that RF hooks the edge. Bend down and kiss it goodbye. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• ffp20
    Forum Member

• ffp20
    replied
    (By “coincidence” the mfg that don’t tilt table are the same ones that have draftsmen “designing” trucks not REAL engineers doing REAL R&D. Stack the two factors and what do you get? )

Seagrave doesnt have real engineers?

Leave a comment:

• ffp20
    Forum Member

• ffp20
    replied
    youd have to specify the tilt test. just 'cuz a manufacturer has access to one doesnt mean they use it. Dont think they tilt every unit that rolls out the door, they DONT. Damn few get tilted. When on an inspection visit i witnessed a tilt test. The pumper was one of a multiple unit order that required tilt test. They tested one and said the others will be the same, so doing the one was enough.

More and more are getting stability control systems anyway and the manufactures arent going to spend bucks tilting a unit the has esc.

Leave a comment:

• fireinfo10
    Forum Member

• fireinfo10
    replied
    Biggest single vehicle safety issue for fire service and FF is tankers rollover. In particular, commercial cab.

On a big tanker get the roll stability control system. They work and a huge safety improvement. On commercial cab IH has out now and not that expensive. Frtliner says will have coming soon (whatever that means).

And get 1901 tilt table certification. The 1901 math/calculation method apparently is already becoming meaningless BS by those who can't afford to buy a tilt table and won't spend a few $ testing to prove their designs are safe. By “coincidence” the mfg that don’t tilt table are the same ones that have draftsmen “designing” trucks not REAL engineers doing REAL R&D. Stack the two factors and what do you get?

Leave a comment:

• SFD_E73_RET
    Forum Member

• SFD_E73_RET
    replied
    Here is a Toyne close to me.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ff36ofd
    Forum Member

• ff36ofd
    replied
    Spartan/ Saulsbury 8 man cab 3000 gal tank 2000 gpm , class A & B foam tanks 50 gal each
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    MembersZone Subscriber

• Catch22
    replied
    This thread has a few pumper-tankers with high sides in it, including ours on the page that's linked.

Leave a comment:

• ffp20
    Forum Member

• ffp20
    replied
    My guess is that the unit proposed to the dept was poly wet side tank, or someones stock unit that had low sides both of which they would "add" a section of compartments on top of. I've seem pics of that kind of unit from some of the low cost tanker builders (didnt wanna say cheap).

The explanation of "weight" issue seems odd to me.

Leave a comment:

Forum Member

• FireRescue61
    replied
    Here is a Toyne commercial pumper/tanker. It has a 2,500 gallon tank, but they build some with 3,000 gallon tanks on commercial chassis.

http://www.toyne.com/delivery.asp?na...iveries&did=93
    Forum Member
    Last edited by ...; 07-18-2010, 12:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    MembersZone Subscriber

• npfd801
    replied
    I'm posting this one because I'm familar with it, not to push the brand. Any number of reputable builders can do integrated, "single" piece high sides on an apparatus with that much water.

The custom cab and enclosed panel is irrelevant, but the high sides with the 3000 gallons doesn't appear to be impossible.

http://www.toyne.com/delivery.asp?na...veries&did=287

Leave a comment:

• ejfeicht
    MembersZone Subscriber

• ejfeicht
    replied
    This one is from 4 Guys but is on a custom chassis with a 2000 gallon tank but the body style may work for what you want.

http://www.4guysfire.com/bigbeaver.htm
    ejfeicht
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Last edited by ejfeicht; 07-17-2010, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DFDMAXX
    Walken / Busey 2016

• DFDMAXX
    replied
    I have not seen this from the numerous builders we had talked to about our pumper / tanker specs. High sides on both sides and the body was one piece from top to bottom, no low sides with bolt ons.

Looked exactly like the body on the above pictured Christiansburg pumper / tanker.

Leave a comment:

Forum Member

• FireRescue61
    replied
    You mean like some of the trucks Midwest builds?

http://www.midwestfire.com/recent-deliveries/delivered-trucks.php?model=PT2
    Forum Member
    Last edited by ...; 07-17-2010, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X