Newark new jersey order ferrara pumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aerialguy11 View Post
    Amazing that a FD would put verbage in like that especially one in NJ where the economy must be hurting and rule out a reputable (not saying Crimson necessarily) compliant bidder.

Though a smart dealer would probably throw the bid package in the garbage after reading conditions like that.. Unless of course the dealer wrote the specs with the FD..

Amazing that other major city FD's can buy apparatus from non chassis building OEMS..
    I have that exact paragraph...word for word....in a sample spec (from a dealer) I received about 6 months ago....

(and Ferrara is not the only manufacturer that can meet that requirement)
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

I have it in a sample spec from almost 10 years ago. The same company was involved in this bid. Co-incidence?

Comment

Originally posted by tomr View Post
        I have it in a sample spec from almost 10 years ago. The same company was involved in this bid. Co-incidence?
        The Newark spec was a rock solid Pierce Spec.

Comment

I've heard that from several people. It bothers me since I wrote the two previous specs for the Rescue and the engines & ladders. Before the spec was published, I had it reviewed by three dealers to assure that there was no favoritism towards any potential bidder.I went to great lengths to keep out any favoritism and received only one complaint. Eone had complained that we were speccing steel aerials instead of aluminum. Thats a fair complaint although I assured them that if we were offered aluminum aerials at a great price we would have to give them serious consideration since price is the driving force in the bid process. I'm disappointed that the NFD has returned to playing favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by spec-tec View Post
            Seagrave Ferrara on the ladders with Ferrara being the high bidder. Ferrara only bidder on all five Rescues and Haz-Mat truck.
            I'm not sure what the bid order was, but it's my understanding that the Seagrave bid was rejected based on "exceptions" to the bid spec.

Comment

HP = High Pressure

We have a boatload of Ferrara rigs; 30+ pumpers and a 18+ aerials.

I drove a Ferrara pumper for 3+ years and a Ferrara truck for about 1 year.

Needless to say.........I miss our E-One pumper and truck.
              Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Comment

I am told that they will be Ember series pumpers and will be delivered in 180 days. Service will be provided by Federated Fire in South Plainfield who is the new Ferrara dealer in NJ

Comment

Originally posted by FFFRED View Post
                  God help them...while we've had problems with our Seagraves....we've had many many more with those HP pumpers we got. They are junk...there just isn't any otherway to say it.

Best of luck to Newark..hope they have a good warranty like ours have...they will need it.

FTM-PTB
                  Houston, Indy and several other good sized cities are now running with either a large percentage of Ferrera engines, rescues and ladders or an entire fleet of Ferrreras.

Houston probably runs as many fire calls per company as NYC, yet they keep ordering them. Indy runs a pretty fair number of calls per company as well and they keep ordering them. They must not be that junky.

While I still prefer a Stuphen, I have used Ferrera apparatus since moving down here, and have found them to be no better nor no worse than any other manufacturer I have been exposed to.

Just my opinion.
                  Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
                    Fred works for a fairly large city.
                    Can you say UNDERSTATEMENT.

Comment

And Houston just received 2 Pierce Arrow XT 100' aluminum aerials....FYI.

I drive one of them and it is a nice rig and we as a company are very happy to have it. Our previous Ferrara/Smeal 107' rig is being re-assigned.

Not slamming our old Ferrara rig but............the new one is much improved
                      Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Comment

Again, I have no problem with Ferrara apparatus. I am just disappointed with the poor manner that this whole bid process was handled. Due to the way the favorites and non-favorites finished on this bid, Ferrara just happened to be in the right spot and was selected. Its good to be lucky!

Comment

The Embler chassis is garbage its ashamed they bid there down and dirty chassis to get the bid. This low budget chassis is built by HME, Ferrara should have bid the Inferno chassis.
                          cp

Comment

Interesting. The Ember chassis is made by HME, located in Michigan, and body made in Louisiana by Ferrara? That violates the 60 mile between factories clause! Wow! This makes the people handling the bid look even worse! Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by tomr View Post
                              Interesting. The Ember chassis is made by HME, located in Michigan, and body made in Louisiana by Ferrara? That violates the 60 mile between factories clause! Wow! This makes the people handling the bid look even worse! Thanks for pointing that out.
                              Oops!!! Wow...
                              "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Wrong!

Originally posted by ladderman View Post
                                The Embler chassis is garbage its ashamed they bid there down and dirty chassis to get the bid. This low budget chassis is built by HME, Ferrara should have bid the Inferno chassis.
                                The Ember is made at the Ferrara plant, what you are thinking of is the low costing ( Intruder 2 ) built by HME !

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X