Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoodbridgeFFII
    replied
    HME Chassis ?

Is the HME chassis cab that bad that no one likes, or buys there product. I think that if you can only afford to spend so much on a apparatus and want a ( custom cab & chassis ) then you have to go with the low budget chassis. May it be a Typhoon, Metro, Intruder, Panther, Saber, Shields, etc. It is still much better than commercial cab with less room for firefighters and a better turning radius, shorter wheelbase, etc!

Leave a comment:

• CanadianFyrTrks
    replied
    Originally posted by GTRider245
    What ever happened to the good ol' days when the name on the truck was the name of who built it. Jeesh.
    gone with steel dashboards and canopy cabs!

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    What ever happened to the good ol' days when the name on the truck was the name of who built it. Jeesh.

Leave a comment:

• WoodbridgeFFII
    replied
    Originally posted by tomr
    Ok. so the ember is completely made in Louisiana, cab chassis and body? Are there any in service in NJ?
    Sorry my mistake, I was thinking of the Ferrara built ( Igniter ) chassis built in house with the same grill !

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Ok. so the ember is completely made in Louisiana, cab chassis and body? Are there any in service in NJ?
    Unless something has changed, the Ember is an HME product. I looked at one at FDIC and the builder's plate says so. Snazzy new Ferrara specific grill on an HME chassis.

No different than a Smeal Sirius which is a Spartan with a Smeal specific grill.

Leave a comment:

• ladderman
    replied
    I was talking to a Ferrara rep at Harrisburg who I think was from long island and he said the embler chassis was made by HME and is a lower end lower chassis option to save a lot of money.

Leave a comment:

• LeadOff
    replied
    The Ember cab sure looks like the Intruder cab (built by HME) with the Ferrara grill that is used on the Inferno and Igniter cabs. It makes me think that possibly the cab shell (at least) for the Intruder comes from HME to Ferrara where the build is completed. Anybody know for sure? I know that both Smeal and Rosenbauer have "their own cabs" that are actually built by Spartan that feature a different fascia. The Spartan cab shell used to be manufactured by Marion but I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Leave a comment:

• tomr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WoodbridgeFFII
    replied
    Wrong!

Originally posted by ladderman
    The Embler chassis is garbage its ashamed they bid there down and dirty chassis to get the bid. This low budget chassis is built by HME, Ferrara should have bid the Inferno chassis.
    The Ember is made at the Ferrara plant, what you are thinking of is the low costing ( Intruder 2 ) built by HME !

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Interesting. The Ember chassis is made by HME, located in Michigan, and body made in Louisiana by Ferrara? That violates the 60 mile between factories clause! Wow! This makes the people handling the bid look even worse! Thanks for pointing that out.
    Oops!!! Wow...

Leave a comment:

• tomr
    replied
    Interesting. The Ember chassis is made by HME, located in Michigan, and body made in Louisiana by Ferrara? That violates the 60 mile between factories clause! Wow! This makes the people handling the bid look even worse! Thanks for pointing that out.

Leave a comment:

• ladderman
    replied
    The Embler chassis is garbage its ashamed they bid there down and dirty chassis to get the bid. This low budget chassis is built by HME, Ferrara should have bid the Inferno chassis.

Leave a comment:

• tomr
    replied
    Again, I have no problem with Ferrara apparatus. I am just disappointed with the poor manner that this whole bid process was handled. Due to the way the favorites and non-favorites finished on this bid, Ferrara just happened to be in the right spot and was selected. Its good to be lucky!

Leave a comment:

• STATION2
    replied
    And Houston just received 2 Pierce Arrow XT 100' aluminum aerials....FYI.

I drive one of them and it is a nice rig and we as a company are very happy to have it. Our previous Ferrara/Smeal 107' rig is being re-assigned.

Not slamming our old Ferrara rig but............the new one is much improved

Leave a comment:

• rm1524
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxAlarm187
    Fred works for a fairly large city.
    Can you say UNDERSTATEMENT.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola