Alf ???????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alf ???????????????

Our lovely ALF truck has had some equipment breakage as of late (per the usual) with that said no one could help us with our part we needed... So I called the company (ALF) and a week later have yet to hear from them.

How ever the part we needed was a rear step light. The light is a bow light from a boat. No one seems to have a clear lens for it so we have a red & green light on the back of our truck now...

Has anyone heard what is up with them? Nice to see nothing has changed with them!

I'm sure that you thought of calling the Mfr. of the lens itself, right?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Over a week to return a phone call? That's not stellar customer service for a company who has a long road ahead of them to stay in the fire apparatus business.
      TruckCommittee.com

Comment

ALF Parts

dday05

Try contacting the staff at Fireline Equipment for the AlF parts you are looking for, They should be able to help or tell you where to find them.

http://www.firelineequipment.com/

Comment

As for ALF, check out this article (link below). It looks like the end is very near for old ALF. Strong rumors around hear indicate that Crimson Aerials (Lancaster PA) is looking to move into the ALF facilities in Ephrata as soon as Tilton and Co. officially pulls the plug on ALF.

http://evehiclenews.com/2010/06/23/a...-in-pa-and-sc/

Comment

Originally posted by Skysthelimit View Post
            dday05

Try contacting the staff at Fireline Equipment for the AlF parts you are looking for, They should be able to help or tell you where to find them.

http://www.firelineequipment.com/
            Also give 10-8 Emergency Vehicle Service in New Holland (PA) a call (see link below). Most of the 10-8 guys formerly worked at LTI and can help you with ALF parts, especially for the LTI aerials.

http://www.10-8evs.net/

Comment

If you don't get any answers can you post a photo of the item that needs replacement on the forums here?

I would bet lots of people could help then.
              "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

Is this what you are looking for???

http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=60351

If so, NAPA has them.

FM1
                I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

FM makes a good point - so many parts on our apparatus are off the shelf truck parts which can be had from the same sources as truck fleets use, often at lower prices.

And use your imagination when looking for parts. I needed a windshield wiper arm for our Toyne/Spartan. The brand name on the arm was one I'm not familiar with. My normal sources didn't have it and never heard of it. So I went on line and found a web site for the company. One of the sales outlets that they listed was, of all places, W.W. Grainger. A call to them and I had my part the next day.
                  Last edited by chiefengineer11; 07-07-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadOff View Post
                    As for ALF, check out this article (link below). It looks like the end is very near for old ALF. Strong rumors around hear indicate that Crimson Aerials (Lancaster PA) is looking to move into the ALF facilities in Ephrata as soon as Tilton and Co. officially pulls the plug on ALF.

http://evehiclenews.com/2010/06/23/a...-in-pa-and-sc/
                    Or SOONER. They're auctioning off spare inventory and parts but that in itself DOES NOT signal the end of Alf. Crimson is maxxing out it's current abilities in it's present Aerial facility and needs more space to handle incoming orders. The LTI plant is a good fit for a number of reasons. Keep watching. T.C.

Comment

skysthelimit,

Thanks for the bump...

If you need LTI, AI, Squrt or Telesqurt parts - visit our new service site
                      http://www.firelineequipmentservice.com

We have started an online store for aerial parts. It is currently a work in process, if you do not see what you need than give us a call @ 717-354-8103. We may already have it in stock.

Our company is made up of 5 past employees of the Service/Refurb shop at the LTI plant in Ephrata, Pa. Combined there is over 100 years of aerial experience in the shop.
                      Take Care!
                      www.fleservice.com

Comment

Everyone thanks for the assist. I will say we called a company that use to fix our ALF trucks and they have what we need... It is great that they can help us out.

Firemech1 - that is what we need. Our local Napa store "says they cant get one with a clear lens". How ever thanks for the info and the link we will keep it for future purposes.!

Firelineequip - Thanks we will keep you in mind. Wouldn't mind being able to speak to you on some truck issues. I will try to pm you.

I guess my big problem is the lack of help in general from ALF - How hard is it to return a call and get us heading in the right direction? It is crazy how many problems we have had with our rigs. When the trucks work they are awesome but the question is always with these thing are they going to function properly or not when they go out the door...

Once again thanks for the help. And thanks Bill (you know who you are) It is just discouraging with these things...

Comment

Originally posted by dday05
                          Everyone thanks for the assist. I will say we called a company that use to fix our ALF trucks and they have what we need... It is great that they can help us out.

Firemech1 - that is what we need. Our local Napa store "says they cant get one with a clear lens". How ever thanks for the info and the link we will keep it for future purposes.!
                          Your NAPA store people are lying to you. That part is what I use on my aerials, and they come with a clear lens. Here is the NAPA part # GRO 60351

Not sure if this link will work for you or not. http://www.napaprolink.com/detail.as...351_0006498162 or this one: http://catalog2.genpt.com/catviewer1...351_0006498162

If they can't get it, look for other auto parts supply houses. Almost all of them carry or can get Grote products.

FM1
                          Last edited by FIREMECH1; 07-10-2010, 03:53 AM.
                          I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                          "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by dday05 View Post
                            I guess my big problem is the lack of help in general from ALF - How hard is it to return a call and get us heading in the right direction? It is crazy how many problems we have had with our rigs. When the trucks work they are awesome but the question is always with these thing are they going to function properly or not when they go out the door...
                            Just curious, but did you buy your trucks directly from ALF or from a local ALF dealer?
                            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

ALF dealer, what's that? No such thing around here.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X