Originally Posted by RFDACM02 in The Engineer thread:
Wouldn't it be nice if there was third party website that received and posted any apparatus issues. This could be a viewable datatbase to forewarn us of issues before they become too widespread. None of the brand X stinks, brand Y is great stuff, just reporting actual malfunctions, as much details and any corrective actions taken. Like the issue we seemed to find with cold weather and our ROM door lights, if we all posted to one central spot, we'd see first hand problem areas. If dealers are working out bugs we have no idea how many times the same issue is corrected nationwide? I'm sure the builders would be highly skeptical, hence the third part site. I'd love to be able to go on and look under Motors>Turbo Issues>Ford>Powerstroke for example.
At the "sugestion" of RFDACM02 in The Engineer thread: maybe this would be a good thread to start "posting" any and all ELECTRIC and ELECTRONIC FAILURES of all FIRE APPARATUS, that people writting "specs" and maintenance crews would have some idea of just how many actually occur. Many are not reported, unless there is an injury or death resulting from the failure.

The "post" could state the exact device (valve, switch, control) as to name and mfgr. and what (if any) correction was made (replacement, repair), etc., etc.

by RFDACM02: None of the brand X stinks, brand Y is great stuff, just reporting actual malfunctions, as much details and any corrective actions taken.
I don't know...what do ya think ?