No announcement yet.

Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s important for you to follow your heart and do what YOU want to do, not what everyone wants you to do. First of all, I cannot stress enough the importance of completing your degree. You are so close. Get it done, you will be glad you did. Even if you decide to become a firefighter, you have proven you can finish what you start. It will set you above the crowd. Believe me when I tell you that it is much harder to become a firefighter than it is to become a police officer.

Here’s what I encourage you to do. Sit down with a few police officers and ask them about their job satisfaction. Do the same with a couple of firefighters. I believe this will help you make your decision.

It’s very common for cops to become firefighters. You virtually NEVER see it the other way.

Your life is just beginning. You will be in your chosen career for the next 30 years. It would be a shame to get into something that doesn’t satisfy you.

For the record, I have been a firefighter over 20 years. I can honestly say that I love my job. Good luck with YOUR decision.

Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola