OVERSEAS CONTRACT FF INFO WANTED...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVERSEAS CONTRACT FF INFO WANTED...

Anybody have any clues as to where I can go on the internet to find overseas contract FF/EMT jobs? Like DOD bases, oilfields, etc?

By Devil Dog I hope your a Marine, can't be tossing that term out too mildly! Anyway try the Raytheon website, they currently are looking for people to go to the Kwajelein atoll. It's basically a rock that the army tracks missiles and satelitte communications. I know a couple of people who have done it and had a blast, mostly medicals but it's a foot in the door. Semper Fi!

Comment

Hey Devil Dog, Raytheon is a real good place to start out especially on Kwaj in the Marshall Islands, they pay for everything and the pay is tax free, not a bad perk. You sign up for a one year contract and can renew each year after that with bonuses. They have two brand new EOne pumpers and a brand new Titian crash truck. Good people out there also. The chiefs name is Ragnar Opinano, you can fax your resume right to him or the Assistant Chief, Jerry Leverett at 805-355-2066 or go to www.raytheon.com and look under employment. Its out in the middle of no where but I think you would like it. Good luck.

Comment

Hey Devildog:

I'm working in Japan right now. There are a lot of USGS jobs both in Japan and Europe. Most are GS9 and above. It's a great way to get your GS up quick. I left the states as a GS-8 a few years ago and am now a GS-11. Anyway try these sites:

nullnullDON HRO pageUSOPM USA JOBS
        Brian Johnson
        Assistant Chief
        Okinawa, Japan

Comment

Thanks for the post Brian...

As for myself, I am a Federal Firefighter in San Diego. Previous to that I was a DOD contract Firefighter/EMT overseas. I worked with a guy there who left after one year and went back to Oregon, but he misses the work, so now I am trying to help him land another overseas contract.

I have gotten information on several overseas
          DOD contract Firefighter positions. Anybody reading this post interested in something like that please contact me and I will email you info that I have. Current openings are in
          Micronesia, Antartica, Artic and the Bahamas.

Most positions are US tax-free, provide free room & board, and pay 30K-39K per year. Most if not all require either USAF or DOD certifications...

Comment

Scenery Change

--deleted---
            Last edited by scarney2121; 07-02-2008, 08:29 AM. Reason: DELETE

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader