Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefighting examination questions

Hey everybody,
    I just signed up for the initial firefighting exam and I don't know what to expect. Is it just common knowledge? Is there anything that I should expect or do to get an edge up for the test? Now this is the first test, and I have no idea what is on it. Are they usually timed? Multiple questions, true/false, what please help, I need as much help as I can get. Thanks

------------------
    Thanks for it all, Pete

Pete,
    I have been through a couple of different types of these exams and have found that the best information can be found from the department itself that is doing the hiring. One department that I tested with actually sold a preparation manual for their test, with the questions on the exam coming from the text in the book.
    I do believe however, that a vast majority of departments use some form of a civil service examination, where they test such things as arithmatic, mechanical aptitude, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and the such. (Basicaly, your ability to read, do math, and understand info that you are being told.)
    As for multiple choice, I have never taken a firefighter exam that wasn't multiple choice. I guess that this makes grading a lot easier by using those scantron sheets! They have all been timed, at least the ones I took, but I have never had a problem finishing as long as I worked at a steady pace. Pay attention to everything you're proctor says, and you'll do fine. I hope this helps, just holler if I can be of any more assitance.

Chris.

Comment

check out EATSTRESS.COM.....this site will give all types of info on the written, oral, physical and much more....be patient and learn from this test, use it as a spring board to other test, the best advice I can give is to test and test and when you think you are done test some more, the more you test the better you become, most tests are different in each city, call your local city HR department they can provide some valuable info, good luck

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X