Comparable opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparable opportunities

I was wondering how much actual training the average department EMS Training Manager does, versus utilizing other instructors in the department. Actually, I was wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on the position overall (skill requirements, responsibilities, salary, required ride time, etc.).
    I am seriously considering it, however I am afraid it may not meet my expectations or needs.
    As of right now, I am not paid to do EMS or fire, but I am a professional trainer with 10 years in EMS.
    Just wondering....

------------------
    Todd Dousa
    NREMT-P, CCEMT-P

The EMS training guy in my dept. does a vast majority of the monthly in-service training required for state cert upkeep. If you're looking into an opportunity like this, I'd recommend checking into how much ride time you will get. With my department, ride time is non existent. I guess higher ups (which don't get any ride time either) believe your skills will miraculously stay current and useful even though it may be ages before they're used again. Also, check into what other responsibilities are added to the job, including those not listed in the job description (especially if the dept. is not union).

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X