Help! Need info on getting paid FF position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need info on getting paid FF position

I'm 31 years old and am sick and tired of avoiding what I really want to do. Looking for some info on getting into a paid dept here in NJ. I've been a volunteer since I was 16 and have moved up the ranks to Asst Chief. It's in my blood!! It's the only work I enjoy doing, whether its picking up hose, fighting a "worker" or cleaning the truck/engines. Could someone please give me a hint or have I waited too long?

Bad timing. The entire state of jersey was accepting applications up until 9/99. The application was a state application and you had to specify where you lived and they would place you appropriately. Check with the NJ state website, maybe they extended the app. date ( they did that a few times ). Unfort, I live in PA, and had no NJ address. Good luck in your search, and if you find anything, please share... Stay Safe.

------------------

Comment

Thanx Ian, but I didn't see anything on the site. Would you know whereelse to look or an address?

Comment

Dave:

NJ does seem to have closed the firefighter civil service application process..but heres tow places you can look

1. http://www.state.nj.us/personnel/vacancy/vacancy.htm

2. http://www.state.nj.us/personnel/ffstudyguide.pdf

Happy Hunting

Mike G.

[This message has been edited by e33 (edited October 29, 1999).]

Comment

PARTNER MOVE TO WHERE THE WORK IS! Look nation wide and test at every place you can. We just put on over 200 new firefighters here in Memphis last year and they have just finished testing for the next class. Good luck!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X