X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eprocker17
    replied
    Originally posted by pletch View Post
    Just a qustion for the body. Our department has a member that is useless, he has failed FF 1&2 Twice now, Failed Hazmat OPS, Actually didn't show up and took him three round to pass MFR. Today, he decided to jump on the first enging out, when i have been trained and been in the service for over five years now i told him to get down from the truck but he ignored me and continued anyways. I want to seriously knock him out, but i know that will create problems. How should i handle this or just blow it off.
    Talk to your managment or Chiefs that is not good you could end up with a four alarm and have him not doing anything when you really need to help, get him to get his act together or get him out of there!!!

Leave a comment:

• RedFox0457
    replied
    Why don't you just standby at the station in case another call comes in?

Leave a comment:

• StartexFF
    replied
    Originally posted by pletch View Post
    Just a qustion for the body. Our department has a member that is useless, he has failed FF 1&2 Twice now, Failed Hazmat OPS, Actually didn't show up and took him three round to pass MFR. Today, he decided to jump on the first enging out, when i have been trained and been in the service for over five years now i told him to get down from the truck but he ignored me and continued anyways. I want to seriously knock him out, but i know that will create problems. How should i handle this or just blow it off.
    If he is taking things seriously and really wants to be a member of the department to help the community, not just for bragging rights, your department should have him take up a support role. I do disagree with him riding the first apparatus out. If he continues riding the first out engine while leaving certified firefighters at the station take it up with one of the officers.

Leave a comment:

• tecrsq
    replied
    Document all the problems you are having with the member then release them tactfully.

If they want to play fireman they can get a costume at the wally world and do it at home.

The firehouse is for those professionals who want to make a difference in peoples lives and life is way too short to allow sub par performance from members when lives are at stake.

Leave a comment:

• Steamin441
    replied
    Originally posted by profire1 View Post
    Our firefighters that ar eboth professional and volunteer..Are mostly single guys with no life...just sayin. You must be an exception.
    You have got to be fff--n kidding me. Lets see-- I am a volunteer fireman,married,work full time,have a second side contracting job,hundreds of annual hours locally training,trips to the State Academy for more specialized training,fund raising,community outreach awareness,inspections,pump testing,hose testing, and oh--when the Chief decides he needs help with something out of the blue I am there. Get a life??? The Fire Service is a life. Can't think of a better way to live and you get to give something back to your community.
    Making all emcompassing absolute statements is absurd in the least and flat out stupid at the most.

Leave a comment:

• captaincvfd
    replied
    I guess to add something usefull you need at Least some Understanding of the subject so my guess is he is NOT Pro so if he fills out an application maybe he can start with handing out the ham sandwichs and work his way up. and by all those post in a "shift" he cant be in a busy Place maybe home from Jr High?

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    you repsond to them so they must be down to your level.
    Not really. I had to look down to see where the annoying noise that was your post came from.

How about just once you actually add something of value to a post here instead of your volly hatred and your self loathing for being a firefighter. You must be a sad, angry, pitiful man that is a real treat to work with.

But even still, Have a nice day.

FyredUp

Leave a comment:

• FireDawgEMT22
    replied
    I didnt say we have never done a surround and drown. I said we have never done a surround and drown on a viable structure. Meaning, a structure we can save, that we can gain entry into and make an offensive attack on the fire. Yes every dept has done a surround and drown, and I was not saying we had not.

Leave a comment:

• profire1
    replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    Oh my God!! That's the best you could do? What a freaking joke you are.

Please try harder with your next post because the quality of your posts so far are lacking in content, value, and even humor.

FyredUp
    you repsond to them so they must be down to your level.
    Last edited by profire1; 05-19-2007, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Our firefighters that ar eboth professional and volunteer..Are mostly single guys with no life...just sayin. You must be an exception.
    Oh my God!! That's the best you could do? What a freaking joke you are.

Please try harder with your next post because the quality of your posts so far are lacking in content, value, and even humor.

FyredUp

Leave a comment:

• profire1
    replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    Right, and YOU are an expert on EVERY volunteer fire department in the country. Comments like this are posted for one of two reasons. To stir the pot and **** people off, or more often by ignorant people shooting their mouths off about something they know absolutely nothing about.

Hey profire1 how about you add something to any topic that is of value instead of spouting this nonsense. Or is this the best you can do? Are you a one trick pony? Becaue it sure seems that way.

Just to let you know, before you fire your shots at me, I am a career firefighter as well as a volunteer firefighter. Pay status has little to do with whether someone is a good firefighter or a huge slug and if you are honest even you would admit that.

FyredUp
    Last edited by profire1; 05-19-2007, 12:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    profire1:

100% agreed. Voliies are vollies for a reason..Not to be rude, there isnt a need for alot of training to do a surround and drown..I actually know a few good vollies, They are older and do a good job. BUT, On the issue of rehab..Get the job done then rehab. You really dont need much more than water and krispy kremes for a good rehab!!
    Right, and YOU are an expert on EVERY volunteer fire department in the country. Comments like this are posted for one of two reasons. To stir the pot and **** people off, or more often by ignorant people shooting their mouths off about something they know absolutely nothing about.

profire1:

Originally Posted by FireDawgEMT22
    I have been firefighting for almost 10 years, and not a single VOLUNTEER dept that I have ever been on has ever done a surround and drown on a viable structure.
    Pure Drivel...100% not true.

Every fire department everywhere has done surround and drowns, whether it is the largest paid FD or the smallest volly FD. So to say an FD has never done one is probably not true. But to imply that that is ALL volunteer FD's do is just as unbelievable.
    Hey profire1 how about you add something to any topic that is of value instead of spouting this nonsense. Or is this the best you can do? Are you a one trick pony? Becaue it sure seems that way.

Just to let you know, before you fire your shots at me, I am a career firefighter as well as a volunteer firefighter. Pay status has little to do with whether someone is a good firefighter or a huge slug and if you are honest even you would admit that.

FyredUp

Leave a comment:

• ndvfdff33
    replied
    I'm not going to say we have never done a surround and drown because some fires are just too out of hand when you arrive. But we always at least make an attempt to get in.

I have however heard of depts around my dept that refuse to do any interior and count on their mutual aid to do so. Thankfully they have mutual aid within 5 minutes on either side of them

Leave a comment:

• rescuedawg
    replied
    I'd also like to know how you can fail FF2 if you didnt pass FF1. Isnt passing 1 a prerequiste for taking ff2?

Leave a comment:

• profire1
    replied
    Originally posted by FireDawgEMT22 View Post
    I have been firefighting for almost 10 years, and not a single VOLUNTEER dept that I have ever been on has ever done a surround and drown on a viable structure.
    Pure Drivel...100% not true.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X