Dealing with useless members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by profire1 View Post
    Our firefighters that ar eboth professional and volunteer..Are mostly single guys with no life...just sayin. You must be an exception.
    You have got to be fff--n kidding me. Lets see-- I am a volunteer fireman,married,work full time,have a second side contracting job,hundreds of annual hours locally training,trips to the State Academy for more specialized training,fund raising,community outreach awareness,inspections,pump testing,hose testing, and oh--when the Chief decides he needs help with something out of the blue I am there. Get a life??? The Fire Service is a life. Can't think of a better way to live and you get to give something back to your community.
    Making all emcompassing absolute statements is absurd in the least and flat out stupid at the most.

Comment

Document all the problems you are having with the member then release them tactfully.

If they want to play fireman they can get a costume at the wally world and do it at home.

The firehouse is for those professionals who want to make a difference in peoples lives and life is way too short to allow sub par performance from members when lives are at stake.
      TecRsq
      North Georgia

- Let No Mans Ghost Come Back To Say My Fire Training Let Me Down -

Comment

Originally posted by pletch View Post
        Just a qustion for the body. Our department has a member that is useless, he has failed FF 1&2 Twice now, Failed Hazmat OPS, Actually didn't show up and took him three round to pass MFR. Today, he decided to jump on the first enging out, when i have been trained and been in the service for over five years now i told him to get down from the truck but he ignored me and continued anyways. I want to seriously knock him out, but i know that will create problems. How should i handle this or just blow it off.
        If he is taking things seriously and really wants to be a member of the department to help the community, not just for bragging rights, your department should have him take up a support role. I do disagree with him riding the first apparatus out. If he continues riding the first out engine while leaving certified firefighters at the station take it up with one of the officers.

Comment

Why don't you just standby at the station in case another call comes in?

Comment

Originally posted by pletch View Post
            Just a qustion for the body. Our department has a member that is useless, he has failed FF 1&2 Twice now, Failed Hazmat OPS, Actually didn't show up and took him three round to pass MFR. Today, he decided to jump on the first enging out, when i have been trained and been in the service for over five years now i told him to get down from the truck but he ignored me and continued anyways. I want to seriously knock him out, but i know that will create problems. How should i handle this or just blow it off.
            Talk to your managment or Chiefs that is not good you could end up with a four alarm and have him not doing anything when you really need to help, get him to get his act together or get him out of there!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X