X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMAIGM
    replied
    [
    Our fire calls dropped from 140 to 136, but we had alot more "real fires" this year than in years past. A huge decline in BS automatic alarms, smell of smoke, etc. During one 3-4 week stretch we had like 1-2 real fires a week,

Very nice, quality not quantity. Good luck in '07.

Leave a comment:

• SWLAFireDawg
    replied
    We acquired 8 new First Responder certifications (myself included) which helps us out considerably. I haven't heard what the final call count was yet, but I am guessing in the neighborhood of around 150 for the department.

And we were told by the PIAL that we need a new station, so for 2007 we are working on the tax for that, along with 2 new pumpers, a new tanker, and 2 new brush trucks.

And we had 30 sets of bunker gear donated to us by a local industrial company.......we looked like kids at Christmas!!!

Leave a comment:

• dmleblanc
    replied
    Originally posted by THEFIRENUT View Post

p.s. Chief, hope you get a muzzle on that mutt real quick!!!
    Thanks, but not likely...he's a real nut job. My tactic has been to ignore him, as most people in our parish don't take him seriously, and I'd rather not dignify his inane babble with a response. I guess eventually he will find someone else to pick on and life will return to normal

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by BMAIGM View Post
    Attaboy Cap.!! how's that working out for you?
    786 calls, who is that for exactly? the dept. or one particular company? did the fire duty pick up as well. Hopefully it did, when you start running more its nice catch a few more fires along with the 'non-fire emergencies'.
    Sorry about the delay....

It's going good. We (my Lt's, advisors, and I) are changing ALOT of things, and it has been alot of work, but so far it is paying off.

786 is for our entire department, not just one truck. We also do not count runs as 5 trucks on 1 MVA=5 calls....here it is one call no matter how many trucks respond.

Our fire calls dropped from 140 to 136, but we had alot more "real fires" this year than in years past. A huge decline in BS automatic alarms, smell of smoke, etc. During one 3-4 week stretch we had like 1-2 real fires a week, it was pretty unheard of in recent memory. EMS calls went up from 564-650.

Leave a comment:

• THEFIRENUT
    replied
    Well.....I rejoined my old department after being off for about three years.

p.s. Chief, hope you get a muzzle on that mutt real quick!!!
    Last edited by THEFIRENUT; 02-04-2007, 09:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dmleblanc
    replied
    Originally posted by huntmor View Post
    We broke over 400 for the year!!!!!!!!!!!

Us too (405, up from 337 last year )

Purchased land for a new station, grant application in the works to build it....
    New rescue truck in service (actually right at the end of '05).
    Stupid pointless ****ing matches with an idiot mutt local reporter who's trying to discredit us because he got his feelings hurt

That about sums up '06 here on the bayou.....

Leave a comment:

• pletch
    replied
    Nothing Big, Just a motor

we hand noting real major, just a member who cant drive a manual and blew the engine in out tanker, So we get a new one.

Leave a comment:

• ndvfdff33
    replied
    Highlights from what I know of would have been a few mutual aid calls for barn fires,warehouses. Few structural fires and the usual crap. Just got our old utility truck back after a refurb. Looks quite slick with all new LED Lighting,Brand new looking box and a brand new chassis. Other than that. Same old s**t

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    We started off being stuck in the middle of the "Rural FD refuses to fight nonmember fire" issue. The FD in question was a neighboring one and we were requested and responded to fight it in their stead.

Then made local headlines when our attempts at a tax-based fire district got blocked due to an error in our legal discription (damned attorneys). Hopefully try again this year.

Got better news when we recieved delivery of our new pumper/tanker (2007 KW/Rosenbauer, 2,500 gallons of water and a 1,750 pump, full pumper body).

Ended the year with a second highest on record 180 runs.

Leave a comment:

• btc3205
    replied
    New Pumper

First year for 400+ Runs

Plans for New station in 2007

Leave a comment:

• BMAIGM
    replied
    Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Personally, I was promoted to Captain of our explorer post......I would have edited the post above, but the stupid thing won't work out.

Attaboy Cap.!! how's that working out for you?
    786 calls, who is that for exactly? the dept. or one particular company? did the fire duty pick up as well. Hopefully it did, when you start running more its nice catch a few more fires along with the 'non-fire emergencies'.

Leave a comment:

• scvfd412
    replied
    We didn't have any record breaking call numbers. Had way too many fatal MVC's last year.

New equiptment we finally got a TIC in 2006; we also got small things like flashlights, forestry gear, ect.

Personal note, I was named my departments 2006 Firefighter of the Year and was voted into the second Lt. position for 2007.

Leave a comment:

• ntmd8r38
    replied
    06 was definitely a better year for us than 05 was, we obtained a new (to us) Class A type pumper to replace our 1960 Int'l., in Oct I got the concrete poured for our new office/ meeting room and bathroom complete with showers, before we a gravel floor in the new building. 07 is starting off good, I took the first week off and got the room framed in and as of now I'm almost done with the drywall, and on top of that I convinced them to buy us an A/C unit for the room.

Now if Kurt can guide me through a successful AFG app this will be a really good year!

Leave a comment:

• XNA1590
    replied
    Biggest Call

At my Vol. dept. our biggest call would be the Anderson Guest House Fire where 11 people lost thier lives.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    The new station was finally completed after months of overruns by the contractor.
    The BOT made that sapsucker eat most of the overages and he left off the ketchup.
    When I got on the department,the BOT got everyone a new jacket with the department logo on it.The second year I was on,we got a lockblade knife and the last year,2005 we got the station.Good gift .

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X