No announcement yet.

News of 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlights from what I know of would have been a few mutual aid calls for barn fires,warehouses. Few structural fires and the usual crap. Just got our old utility truck back after a refurb. Looks quite slick with all new LED Lighting,Brand new looking box and a brand new chassis. Other than that. Same old s**t
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Comment

Nothing Big, Just a motor

we hand noting real major, just a member who cant drive a manual and blew the engine in out tanker, So we get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmor View Post
        We broke over 400 for the year!!!!!!!!!!!

Us too (405, up from 337 last year )

Purchased land for a new station, grant application in the works to build it....
        New rescue truck in service (actually right at the end of '05).
        Stupid pointless ****ing matches with an idiot mutt local reporter who's trying to discredit us because he got his feelings hurt

That about sums up '06 here on the bayou.....
        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
        Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
        Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
        — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Well.....I rejoined my old department after being off for about three years.

p.s. Chief, hope you get a muzzle on that mutt real quick!!!
          Last edited by THEFIRENUT; 02-04-2007, 09:18 PM.
          Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

Originally posted by BMAIGM View Post
            Attaboy Cap.!! how's that working out for you?
            786 calls, who is that for exactly? the dept. or one particular company? did the fire duty pick up as well. Hopefully it did, when you start running more its nice catch a few more fires along with the 'non-fire emergencies'.
            Sorry about the delay....

It's going good. We (my Lt's, advisors, and I) are changing ALOT of things, and it has been alot of work, but so far it is paying off.

786 is for our entire department, not just one truck. We also do not count runs as 5 trucks on 1 MVA=5 calls....here it is one call no matter how many trucks respond.

Our fire calls dropped from 140 to 136, but we had alot more "real fires" this year than in years past. A huge decline in BS automatic alarms, smell of smoke, etc. During one 3-4 week stretch we had like 1-2 real fires a week, it was pretty unheard of in recent memory. EMS calls went up from 564-650.
            ------------------------------------
            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
            ------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by THEFIRENUT View Post

p.s. Chief, hope you get a muzzle on that mutt real quick!!!
              Thanks, but not likely...he's a real nut job. My tactic has been to ignore him, as most people in our parish don't take him seriously, and I'd rather not dignify his inane babble with a response. I guess eventually he will find someone else to pick on and life will return to normal
              Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
              Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
              Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
              — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

We acquired 8 new First Responder certifications (myself included) which helps us out considerably. I haven't heard what the final call count was yet, but I am guessing in the neighborhood of around 150 for the department.

And we were told by the PIAL that we need a new station, so for 2007 we are working on the tax for that, along with 2 new pumpers, a new tanker, and 2 new brush trucks.

And we had 30 sets of bunker gear donated to us by a local industrial company.......we looked like kids at Christmas!!!

Comment

[
                  Our fire calls dropped from 140 to 136, but we had alot more "real fires" this year than in years past. A huge decline in BS automatic alarms, smell of smoke, etc. During one 3-4 week stretch we had like 1-2 real fires a week,

Very nice, quality not quantity. Good luck in '07.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X