Clear All

• News of 2006

What was BIG at your VFD in 2006?

New Equipment?

Biggest Call?

Number of Calls?

New Rank?

Anything about your VFD in 2006?

New Ambulance, first run was our departments first L.O.D.D.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

Comment

Here we set a new record with 786 calls to finish off the year. The annual volunteer fireman's convention was voted to be held here in '07......I think thats it.
      ------------------------------------
      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

A massive recovery effort for a husband, wife and a dog that fell into a lowhead dam on Christmas Day... The wife and dog have been found, unfortunately due to the heavy rains we've had, the husband hasn't...
        Giggity - Giggity!

Comment

We broke over 400 for the year!!!!!!!!!!!
          Sandy H., FF/NREMT-P

Greater love have no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Comment

Placed our new heavy rescue into service, after 6 months of delays!
            http://www.cfdvt.org/22r1.html

Biggest call for that truck: Christmas eve double fatal accident.

[edit - added link]
            Last edited by Heretic; 01-16-2007, 12:22 AM.
            "The uniform you wear was given to you. The respect that comes with it must be earned."

Heretic
            Lieutenant
            Vermont

Comment

had a few

set a new record of runs with 553

the new part of the station finally became opperational

and personally, i was promoted to inspector
              Your a daisy if you do.

Comment

Personally, I was promoted to Captain of our explorer post......I would have edited the post above, but the stupid thing won't work out.
                These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

The new station was finally completed after months of overruns by the contractor.
                  The BOT made that sapsucker eat most of the overages and he left off the ketchup.
                  When I got on the department,the BOT got everyone a new jacket with the department logo on it.The second year I was on,we got a lockblade knife and the last year,2005 we got the station.Good gift .

Comment

Biggest Call

At my Vol. dept. our biggest call would be the Anderson Guest House Fire where 11 people lost thier lives.

Comment

06 was definitely a better year for us than 05 was, we obtained a new (to us) Class A type pumper to replace our 1960 Int'l., in Oct I got the concrete poured for our new office/ meeting room and bathroom complete with showers, before we a gravel floor in the new building. 07 is starting off good, I took the first week off and got the room framed in and as of now I'm almost done with the drywall, and on top of that I convinced them to buy us an A/C unit for the room.

Now if Kurt can guide me through a successful AFG app this will be a really good year!

Comment

We didn't have any record breaking call numbers. Had way too many fatal MVC's last year.

New equiptment we finally got a TIC in 2006; we also got small things like flashlights, forestry gear, ect.

Personal note, I was named my departments 2006 Firefighter of the Year and was voted into the second Lt. position for 2007.
                        Lieutenant/EMT-B

VSFFA Member

"I'm a CCEMT-B."

"Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

"A lack of effort will always lead to failure."

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                          Personally, I was promoted to Captain of our explorer post......I would have edited the post above, but the stupid thing won't work out.

Attaboy Cap.!! how's that working out for you?
                          786 calls, who is that for exactly? the dept. or one particular company? did the fire duty pick up as well. Hopefully it did, when you start running more its nice catch a few more fires along with the 'non-fire emergencies'.

Comment

New Pumper

First year for 400+ Runs

Plans for New station in 2007

Comment

We started off being stuck in the middle of the "Rural FD refuses to fight nonmember fire" issue. The FD in question was a neighboring one and we were requested and responded to fight it in their stead.

Then made local headlines when our attempts at a tax-based fire district got blocked due to an error in our legal discription (damned attorneys). Hopefully try again this year.

Got better news when we recieved delivery of our new pumper/tanker (2007 KW/Rosenbauer, 2,500 gallons of water and a 1,750 pump, full pumper body).

Ended the year with a second highest on record 180 runs.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X