X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clipse
    replied
    Originally posted by FiftyOnePride View Post
    Yeah I have and I hope to see it, it's a good pro-2a slogan too!
    I'm a big pro 2a type. Thats where I originally saw the slogan. Then I got it tattood on my right shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• FiftyOnePride
    replied
    Originally posted by clipse View Post
    Darn right. Have you seen the previews to '300'? That movie is about the battle that my signature came from. Awesome story.

Thanks I'll have to check thier site out.
    Yeah I have and I hope to see it, it's a good pro-2a slogan too!

Leave a comment:

• scvfd412
    replied
    Originally posted by ROOKIELZ View Post
    I've been with our dept for 6 years now and make plenty of the runs.
    I am also the Public Educator and Secretary. In addition to that I am on the Provincial educational planning committee for Public Education.

I have a t-shirt that reads:

Firefighting: Invented by Men
    Perfected by WOMEN

I saw it on the net and ordered it. YES... I ordered it for myself!

The groans coming out of the guys at the hall the night I first wore it was worth every penny.
    LMAO That is great! I've never seen that one.

Some of those t-shirts are absolutely ridiculous. But I don't mind the brotherhood t-shirts or the department t-shirts.

Leave a comment:

• thefish
    replied
    Originally posted by 4caster View Post
    Now wait a minute...girls are attracted to pagers and firefighters?!?!? Never happened to me. Dang it, I miss everything!!
    I do think it's funny how they flirt and flash and everything else when riding around in big red, but flash nothing but their middle finger should I flirt while in my own truck....

Leave a comment:

• brian441
    replied
    I'm sure you will someday. Everyone just has to remember that we are representing the town we live in. The public expects us to behave in a certain manner. When we get on scene and they see us goofing off it doesn't make us look good at all. We are expected to perform a very dangerous job under very extreme conditions with the utmost proffessionalism that we can. You don't have to be a super firefighter (or think you are) to act proffessional. Just do your job to the best of your ability and over time you'll get better at the things you struggle with. Training is the best way to do this. And surround yourself with hte right people.

Leave a comment:

• Mzanghetti
    replied
    Professopnalism

Originally posted by brian441 View Post
    Clipse keep staying involved and learn as much as you can. Being a firefighter is a very satisfying oppurtunity. I have been in my department for 15 yrs. It has been alot of fun. You'll definintely want to weed through the T-shirt firefighters. You guys are hilarious. Check out Bladensburgh, MD website. There is a section called Proffessionalism. Read it. I htink you'll like it. I had it put on signs and they hang in the apparatus bay for the guys to read. Be safe and have fun!!

I hope I can live up to that page someday, but I have alot of work to do first!

Leave a comment:

• Steamin441
    replied
    Combo It

Maybe combine t-shirt firefighters and useless-choke-firefighters in one. Now there are some possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• clipse
    replied
    Originally posted by FiftyOnePride View Post
    In response to clipses' signature - COME AND GET THEM.
    Darn right. Have you seen the previews to '300'? That movie is about the battle that my signature came from. Awesome story.

Originally posted by brian441 View Post
    Clipse keep staying involved and learn as much as you can. Being a firefighter is a very satisfying oppurtunity. I have been in my department for 15 yrs. It has been alot of fun. You'll definintely want to weed through the T-shirt firefighters. You guys are hilarious. Check out Bladensburgh, MD website. There is a section called Proffessionalism. Read it. I htink you'll like it. I had it put on signs and they hang in the apparatus bay for the guys to read. Be safe and have fun!!
    Thanks I'll have to check thier site out.

Leave a comment:

• brian441
    replied
    Keep learning

Leave a comment:

• ElectricHoser
    replied
    Originally posted by doughesson View Post
    So,if I wear my "Mythbusters" t-shirt that says"I do all my own stunts"to a call and end up dangling from a window ledge does that make me a whacker?
    LOL no, because it is not a firefighting shirt.

Besides, I think in the Man Rules it is stated that the MythBusters are worthy (many of us wish we had their job on the side, right?), so full exemptions for wearing MythBusters paraphernalia ought to be allowed.

Leave a comment:

• FiftyOnePride
    replied
    In response to clipses' signature - COME AND GET THEM.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    So,if I wear my "Mythbusters" t-shirt that says"I do all my own stunts"to a call and end up dangling from a window ledge does that make me a whacker?

Leave a comment:

• Mzanghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by Haweater View Post
    Do they find it sweet? - No.
    Do we find it sweet? - usually. . . And if you've experienced a fire and can't appreciate that firefighters think this job is sweet, you're on the wrong forum.
    Cheers
    Gord
    AMEN!!! WELL SAID!!

Leave a comment:

• ROOKIELZ
    replied
    here's a twist...

I've been with our dept for 6 years now and make plenty of the runs.
    I am also the Public Educator and Secretary. In addition to that I am on the Provincial educational planning committee for Public Education.

I have a t-shirt that reads:

Firefighting: Invented by Men
    Perfected by WOMEN

I saw it on the net and ordered it. YES... I ordered it for myself!

The groans coming out of the guys at the hall the night I first wore it was worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• 2andfrom
    replied
    Nearly the same language

Thank you Electric and FireDawg--for some reason I thought the Big Red Bag was associated with a medical aspect, theorizing your emergency services do medical emergencies along with firefighting.

The nearest thing to the BRB in the London Fire Brigade was a black kit bag issued to all firemen(modeled on the British Armed Forces issue)--this usually lived in the depths of your locker and was dragged out when you went on "Standby" somewhere--like all issue equipment this item just barely contained your firegear(which normally lived on a peg or on the big red lorry) and if you were doing a nightshift no way could you get bedding stuffed in it too!
    If you were traveling by bus or train/underground it could take several hours to get to your designated fire station--all the while the poor sod you are relieving is on overtime--and depending if he is on a hot date or going home to a nagging wife--was indicated by a few choice expletives Anglo Saxon style or a big grin!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X