No announcement yet.

MAN, this is SWEET!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must not have had the shirt......it seems the shirt is the ultimate aphrodisiac.......

Comment

You guys don't get it!!!!

The trick is to have HER put it on!!!!

It makes a difference....try it!!!!
      Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

Originally posted by 4caster View Post
        Now wait a minute...girls are attracted to pagers and firefighters?!?!? Never happened to me. Dang it, I miss everything!!
        *LOL* Didn't work for me either.

*shrugs* I guess beauty really is only T-shirt deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone?

Just a thought for everyone: Next time you see a guy out and about with one of those "I FIGHT WHAT YOU FEAR" shirts on, especially if he's trying to impress a group of ladies, walk up to him and loudly ask something like: "You fight rabid break-dancing transvestite capuchin monkeys?! Wow, man..."
        My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Originally posted by the1141man View Post
          *LOL* Didn't work for me either.

*shrugs* I guess beauty really is only T-shirt deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone?

Just a thought for everyone: Next time you see a guy out and about with one of those "I FIGHT WHAT YOU FEAR" shirts on, especially if he's trying to impress a group of ladies, walk up to him and loudly ask something like: "You fight rabid break-dancing transvestite capuchin monkeys?! Wow, man..."
          Say that three times real fast..........

I hope this guy hasn't been run out of the forums yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SWLAFireDawg View Post
            Say that three times real fast..........

I hope this guy hasn't been run out of the forums yet.
            Who, sweet lil ol me? Why on earth would anyone ever want to run me off the forums?
            My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricHoser View Post
              Maybe it is just me but this is just something that I noticed with the first whacker shirt pictured above. "No one can force me, because I’m a volunteer"

I have also seen this in the form of "No one can FORCE me to run into a burning building because I’m a volunteer.” To me this translates to, “no, I’m a volunteer, you can’t make me go in there.” Then why be there in the first place? There is your definition of a T-shirt firefighter, they are only there to wear the shirt and ride the big red truck so they look “cool” and pick up chicks. As a volunteer, you are trained and expected to perform a job. The expectation of a volunteer should be no different than that of a career firefighter, minus the paycheck. The fires are just as hot and just as dangerous; if you don’t want to go in a structure then you do not need to ride the fire truck. This is not a pick and choose game, If you are on a fire apparatus, then you are expected to perform any job presented to you. Do you think the 343 FDNY men and women wanted to go into the WTC that horrific day? No, but they did it because they have a job to do, an obligation to the citizens to save lives and protect property. The fact that a paycheck is not involved should not make a difference. We are all there for the citizens, and trust me, they don’t care what the side of the truck says, all they know is that help has arrived.

Now I do not think that is really what this shirt is intended to represent, hopefully just written in the wrong context. To fully express the point that this shirt is trying to get across, it should read, “No one can FORCE me to run into a burning building because my job depends on it, I CHOOSE to because it is in my heart”

I still wouldn’t wear it….
              "In general terms, firefighting isn't always about putting the fire out; its about making sure anything else doesn't catch on fire. What's burned is burned. Once you understand this, your tunnel vision is replaced by effective strategy."

Comment

Originally posted by jmitchell View Post
                Maybe it is just me but this is just something that I noticed with the first whacker shirt pictured above. "No one can force me, because I’m a volunteer"
                I have also seen this in the form of "No one can FORCE me to run into a burning building because I’m a volunteer.” To me this translates to, “no, I’m a volunteer, you can’t make me go in there.” Now I do not think that is really what this shirt is intended to represent, hopefully just written in the wrong context. To fully express the point that this shirt is trying to get across, it should read, “No one can FORCE me to run into a burning building because my job depends on it, I CHOOSE to because it is in my heart”
                I still wouldn’t wear it….
                What the shirt means is that they CHOOSE to run into burning buildings,not that they have to be driven in with a cattle prod to do the interior.Not every vollie department stands around watching their neighbor's house burn.
                I don't have to wear the whacker shirts that I have.I've got more shirts that don't say anything on them anyway and only rarely wear my old department shirts.Maybe if I go back,they'll come up in the rotation more often but till then it won't bother me what others wear to work or around town.

Comment

Jolly Volly

You know you are responding to an emergency ----- many times a tragedy -- I just woner if the people affected find it so SWEET. Before you reply --- give it some open honest thought.
                  ?

Comment

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
                    You know you are responding to an emergency ----- many times a tragedy -- I just woner if the people affected find it so SWEET. Before you reply --- give it some open honest thought.
                    "Open honest thought" has already occurred on about 4 other threads on these forums...and that's just in the past few days.

Let me summarize the general consensus for ya:
                    **** will happen whether you're there or not. The fires will burn, the cars will crash, people will have medical problems... this will happen regardless of whether you're there to help or not. Ergo, a good medical aid, a good crash, or a good "job", especially if you're able to positively impact the outcome, IS "sweet".

Does that adequately explain things? Can we now go back to bashing on "T-shirt Firefighters" in peace??? Save the arguments and remonstrations for the threads that're meant for it, K?

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
                      Do they find it sweet? - No.
                      Do we find it sweet? - usually.

When there is a casualty, I'm quite sure that no FF would come back saying 'that was SWEET' - anyone who would, should quit because they are twisted and will cause all FF's to lose the respect of the public.

Ever heard the term black humor? And I'm not talking about racist jokes for those who've never heard the term. While I was standing at the end of the my driveway watching my house, garage, boat, truck etc. burn, one of the firefighters, whom I've known for quite some time, came up and patted me on the back - 'Sorry Gordie, but on the up side we did save the woodpile out back and the boat motor survived!'
                      Didn't seem 'sweet' at the time but I can look back now and laugh that he wasn't afraid to poke a little joke to remind me that it was all just things. I just wish that my bunker gear wasn't burning in the back seat of the truck, it was freakin cold and I wanted to get closer to the heat!

And if you've experienced a fire and can't appreciate that firefighters think this job is sweet, you're on the wrong forum.
                      Cheers
                      Gord
                      Nobody ever called the fire department for doing something smart.

Comment

To bring this thread back onto its previous and more pleasant subject:

Has anyone fought rabid break-dancing transvestite capuchin monkeys lately?
                        The best we've done out here is when some of the local zoo's chimps broke out of the monkey house and were line-dancing in 10-gallon hats.
                        A few guys got some minor bruises from the ensuing battle, but everyone made it home safe. A little halligan goes a long way!

No break-dancing transvestite capuchins, nor line-dancing chimps in 10-gallon cowboy hats were harmed in the making of this post.

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricHoser View Post
                          Actually, my interpretation of that particular shirt would be: "Nobody has to force me to rescue hot chicks--I might get a date out of it. The ugly, fat ones, that's a whole nother story, though."

j/k guys!
                          Last edited by the1141man; 01-31-2007, 09:37 AM.

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

I'm partial to this one.......
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by the1141man View Post
                              Actually, my interpretation of that particular shirt would be: "Nobody has to force me to rescue hot chicks--I might get a date out of it. The ugly, fat ones, that's a whole nother story, though."

j/k guys!
                              You don't suppose most of the whackers are ignoring the fat ones with their "come look at me!" shirts because that's what most whackers are going home to.......... just a thought
                              Nobody ever called the fire department for doing something smart.

Comment

Carefull

Originally posted by GFDSlappyRob View Post
                                Make sure you're learning how every tool works. don't become one of those "t shirt ff's" or develop the 2/20 syndrome(2 years on, 20 yrs. experience).
                                GFD is right dont become one, but it easy to develop the 2/20 I did and i had to take a seriouse look and change my act, I am a very strong and productive member but i did start going beyond my experiance level, Try to avoid letting it happen to you.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X