Preferential Parking For POVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only fire lanes i park in are;

The fire lane right in front of papa johns within the parking lot (its a busy parking lot cause of a club, and i want my pizza!)

The fire lane in front of my fire house if my ambulance is 2nd out (theres a spot marked FIRE LANE across the street from us, its used so we can back the trucks in and out, we're on the main road in our town). A bunch of us park there if we come down 1 street (theres a friggin stop light that prevents us from gettng into our parking lot down 1 road we hafta cross).

But i don't abuse me being in the FD. I park in normal spots, i don't park in handy cap spots or make my own spots. Even if im on call and im in a store, i'll park in a spot.

The only time i'd concider parking in a fire lane is if im in an ambulance or the 1st responder car, because then, im on call and i need to get out and i have an emergency vehicle.

Remember, the blue light doesnt give us permission to break the law
    Adam, EMT-B

Comment

Prefered parking

The only place we get prefered parking is at the fire station. I wouldn't be caught dead parking my POV in a fire lane my chief would have my a** clear up to my shoulder blades he would kick it so hard.

Comment

I've seen it done, and then I've also watched the various chiefly types up here "chat" with said member, and it's not a problem after that.

The only time I've been in the fire lane, was in the BRT, getting something for an FD function, or in the event of an actual call.

Though I will say this, someone didn't think with most of the firelanes we have. We can't get the ladder truck into them if we want to set up, we have to move out into the parking lot anyway, and none of the engines park there, because the hydrants are all hundreds of feet away, and around the corner, and the sprinkler connections are in the backs of the buildings. The first due engine can utilize the fire lane, but they usually pull a little out anyway, so they can be reasonably sure the building won't fall directly on their heads.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X