• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THEFIRENUT
    replied
    Originally posted by scottab96

THEFIRENUT,
    I also started messing around with MS word, but if you could send me a version of what yours looks like that would be great. We are still having the discussions of what information should be included on the ID.....

Thanks all!
    NO problem, just give me your e-mail address and I will get it to you. As I said before, it is in "MS Publisher" format so you will need that program to read the file.

p.s. The big bonus using this system is that it cost about $5 per ID. Including laminate w/clip, paper, and ink.

Leave a comment:

• ksfireman82
    replied
    I work for a full time dept, but all the volunteer depts around us use the same system...called FirePASV. It's both for ID's and accountability. Has a barcode on the card that can be scanned in to the computer for accountablility. Every apparatus has one too, and every assignment. Cards can be printed on scene or other dept's cards can be scanned in on scene. Also, the card lists certifications on the back, and if you cut it open, has all medical info inside.
    Last edited by ksfireman82; 09-02-2006, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scottab96
    replied
    loxfire16 & nmfire,

If you could look into the system and the name of your supplier that would be great.

THEFIRENUT,
    I also started messing around with MS word, but if you could send me a version of what yours looks like that would be great. We are still having the discussions of what information should be included on the ID.....

Thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    We used to use the laminated print out from MS Word. Never lasted and was a pain in the rear-end. We've now purchased a real photo-ID printer & software. It is sooo much better.

Leave a comment:

• loxfire16
    replied
    ID card

Another idea:

My department is purchasing a system very similar to what the states use for driver's licenses. It will be a hard plastic card with information printed on it. We'll be using the "card" as a departmetn ID and possibly for on scene accountibility system purposes. We thought this would be much more effiecent and durable than a laminated paper card (we tried that before), and cost effective in the long run.

I can't think of what the "printer" is called off the top of my head, but if I think of it I'll repost the information. I think it runs in the price range of $3,000 to $5,000.

Leave a comment:

• THEFIRENUT
    replied
    Originally posted by scottab96
    Our Department is looking into providing photo id's to our members (which it has never done before).

Question is - do most departments issue photo id's, and if so what kind of system are you using to do so?

Any information/ feedback on systems that are currently in use would be appreciated!
    I use Microsoft Publisher to make Photo IDs. Print them out like you would business cards and then laminate them. You can buy the "clip-on" badge laminate stock from most business suppliers (or use ID stock for wallet). You could also buy the same thing from Walmart (cheaper, but not as durable). Just make a template of what you would like your badges to look like. Then take digital photos of your members; import them into the template and then save them as whatever file name you wish. If you would like, I could e-mail you our template to give you some idea on what they look like.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    You may also want to contact Weruj1 for more info on the id system in our neck of the woods. If I didn't mention it earlier, I believe that it is a countywide system.

Leave a comment:

• Driver76
    replied
    Our county is issuing photo IDs for all Police, Fire, and EMS personnel in all county departments, from the city down to "Mudpuddle Fire Co." out in the back woods.
    It is one of the biggest messes you ever saw.
    First off, no one could give us a straight answer on which paperwork (fire or EMS) needed to be filled out before the pictures were taken. I work for EMS but am a volunteer fire ... are we getting an ID for each ? If not, which will take presidence over the other ? Who do you ask ? ... your chief has that information ... well he said to ask you.
    Now, 3 months later they are begining to arrive ... a bigger mess. Our EMS got badges for 5 EMTs which identified them as Paramedics and one shift surervisor was labeled as a transport driver. Half of our exterior firefighters were identified as interior, and 4 or 5 fire police were shown to be fire command.
    I guess that the idea was a good one to start, but the bigger the project, the more room there is for foul-ups to occur.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Our dept. recently issued photo id's to all members. Our post has just taken the pictures for our own id's as well.

Leave a comment:

• nozzelvfd
    replied
    Photo ID's for what purpose, to identify them as members or for access purposes to the firehouse?

We have photo ID's issued to all active certified members. We where considering getting photo ID's that would work with firehouse access control system. Currently we have Key Fobs that let us in the firehouse, and photo ID's that we keep on us in our wallets.
    Last edited by nozzelvfd; 08-31-2006, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scottab96
    started a topic Photo ID Systems

Photo ID Systems

Our Department is looking into providing photo id's to our members (which it has never done before).

Question is - do most departments issue photo id's, and if so what kind of system are you using to do so?

Any information/ feedback on systems that are currently in use would be appreciated!

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X