Fisrt due to an MVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisrt due to an MVA

I was wonder what most other departments choose to run first due to an MVA, there engine or rescue. I am talking strictly fire related here, not ambulances. For example you get a call for an MVA with injuries is your rescue out the door first or your engine?
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

We run the rescue first, then an engine.

Comment

Engine and a rescue are the first alarm for all MVA's with reported injuries, roll overs, vehicles in the water or down an embankment. Engine only for minor accident with fluids on the road/wires down.
      -------------------
      "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
      -----------------------------------------------
      Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Duplicate post
        Last edited by KenNFD1219; 07-30-2006, 10:20 AM.
        -------------------
        "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
        -----------------------------------------------
        Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

our first out units are :

from station 1
          T-126 - our quint

from station 2
          our newest rig - 2005 crimson

Comment

We Roll our engine first, usually it is all that rolls unless there is enough manpower for the salvage unit. The Engine is set up to be all that is needs, has all rescue supplys on it, jaws(powerhawk), and what not

Comment

We run engine first, then our squad next.

Comment

Generally we have our utility (rescue) on the road first, 3 Members on board followed by our Pumper very shortly after with 6 Members..Our Suburban generally runs MVA's to do Traffic Control
                If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Comment

In my home town, the full time day staffers will run out the medic, and which ever district it's in, they will dispatch an engine staffed by the vollies.
                  Last edited by SPFDRum; 07-27-2006, 05:44 PM.
                  My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                  "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                  George Mason
                  Co-author of the Second Amendment
                  during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                  Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Engine and Rescue to all MVA.
                    Jeremy Quist
                    Chief
                    LVFD
                    Laurel, NE

Not the end of the earth, but you can see clods falling off from here.

Comment

On MVA, we have 2 rescues that roll first, then engine if staffing permits. Both rescues double as mini-pumpers and are both equiped with full medical and extrication tools.
                      Warrior River Fire and Rescue

Comment

Our tools are on the engine, so that's what we roll. If we did have a rescue, I'd still have the guys roll the engine first, for scene safety issues. No good to have a bunch of tools if you can't use them due to a fire someone didn't report, or a bunch of fuel on the ground that could cause a fire.

Comment

Whichever.

1st due Engine is CDL class.

Rescue isn't.

Drivers with a CDL or 2Q (CT's non CDL apparatus heavy truck license) take the Engine first since you don't know if another CDL driver will respond.

If they don't have a CDL, they take the Rescue.

Comment

We have a rescue pumper so engine first. However, before we got that piece we ran the rescue first for many years. Personally, I want that engine blocking the lane if I have to be out in the road.
                            Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

We run our Rescue Engine first to MVA's if you are talking strictly fire. But first to any MVA is our first out medic unit.
                              ------------------------------------
                              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                              ------------------------------------

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X