X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazNBlaz
    replied
    Same scam for web domains

There is a similar scam for web domains. You are sent something that looks exactly like a bill or invoice for web domains, and it says 'amount due' at the bottom. Reality is that they make your site more visible on search engines. It is very deceptive, and there is a fine print at the bottom that explains that 'this is not a bill'.

Leave a comment:

• ApuFromSpfld
    replied
    For public safety, generally, no. You need to go through the frequency coordination process to make sure the frequency you want to use will not cause interference with another agency and they won't be interfering with you.

You can find a list of frequency coordinators at http://wireless.fcc.gov/publicsafety/coord.html

That said, you will need to complete FCC Form 601 and forward that to the frequency coordinator. You can download it from the FCC and fill it out yourself or hire a company to do that for you (often your radio service company can do this) if you are not comfortable with the technical questions it asks.

http://www.fcc.gov/Forms/Form601/601.html

Apu

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    because we are here...............can you apply on line for a new frequency ? if so does anyone have the link? I am on the FCC site now and am not having much luck.

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    yea. This is why the only two people listed on our town's FCC license for fire are me and one other person. Nobody else can make changes, the FCC will tell them to pound sand and that I have to do it.

Leave a comment:

• ffexpCP
    replied
    Originally posted by EFD840
    I wonder how many victims they snare each mailout?

I'll bet quite a few. I know when I search the FCC ULS page, manytimes the contact person is some licensing company. Sometimes the freq is even licensed to a licensing company. It sure makes it a pain when I try to figure out what freqs are used for what.

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewie1
    My department has recently applied for a new FCC license for a repeater. The first notice I got that anything was going forward with the request was a letter from Federal Licensing, INC. stating that we are required to "maintain a current copy of the FCC RULES AND REGULATIONS governing the specific operating service." Does anyone know if this is correct or if Internet access to the rules is legal? Federal Lincensing, INC wants to sell us a copy of the rules for $119.00. Based on the above posts, Federal will not get any money from me but I want to be in compliance if I need the rules.

Thanks,

Lewie
    Just throw away anything they send you. They will make anything up to gain a buck. No, you don't need a $119 rule book.

Leave a comment:

• Lewie1
    replied
    My department has recently applied for a new FCC license for a repeater. The first notice I got that anything was going forward with the request was a letter from Federal Licensing, INC. stating that we are required to "maintain a current copy of the FCC RULES AND REGULATIONS governing the specific operating service." Does anyone know if this is correct or if Internet access to the rules is legal? Federal Lincensing, INC wants to sell us a copy of the rules for $119.00. Based on the above posts, Federal will not get any money from me but I want to be in compliance if I need the rules.

Thanks,

Lewie

Leave a comment:

• ntmd8r38
    replied
    To update this is the link you need, https://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do you will have to setup a password to login to the site

Leave a comment:

• rfdlou
    replied
    FCC site

Try this http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...rchLicense.jsp

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    WOW !!!!!! I went to post and it never posted ! I aksed if anyone has the link to the FCC site to update or enter information ?

Leave a comment:

• newbomb
    replied
    i didnt realize that the FCC liscense was taken so seriously. i know of a small department in another county that hasnt updated or renewed since the early 80's.

Leave a comment:

• EFD840
    replied
    We get that same scam at least twice a year.

I wonder how many victims they snare each mailout?

Leave a comment:

• rfdlou
    replied
    One of the good one’s

We had National License Corporation http://www.natl-lic.com/ secure a fireground frequency for our FD. Every thing was handled in a very professional manner. We received our amended license from the FCC programmed it into our radios and started using the new freq. Eleven months later we received a notice from the FCC that we have not notified them of the “build-out” date. They wanted to know that the new freq. was in use and the equipment was in place to use it. All that needed to be done was log onto the FCC site and click a box. The town holds our license and we don’t have the FCC password. The notice was passed on to the Town Administrator & we ASSumed it was handled. We get a call from National License and are told that the FCC placed our license in termination pending status due to build-out notification. National confirmed the freq is in use and filed an appeal on our behalf. Four months later we were removed from termination status. Had National License Corporation not acted we would have lost the license & been forced to cease using the freq, reapply, pay all fees and start from scratch. National License Corporation looked out for us at no additional charge.

Leave a comment:

• jensam433
    replied
    i love google

just googled the name of those a******s who tried to scam you & found this on the US Postal Service site:

In the Matter of the Complaint Against:

FEDERAL LICENSING,
    J.V., P.O. Box 776,
    McLean, VA 22101-0776
    INITIAL DECISION
    This proceeding was initiated on May 16, 1988, when the Postal Service filed a Complaint alleging that Respondents Federal Licensing, J.V., Paul Damico, John Hertrick and National Systems, Inc., are engaged in conducting a scheme or device for obtaining money or property through the mail by means of false representations in violation of 39 U.S.C. § 3005. On August 12, 1988, Complainant filed an Amended Complaint adding Respondent Federal Licensing, Inc. Specifically, the Amended Complaint alleges in paragraph 5 that Respondents falsely represent, directly or indirectly, in substance and effect, whether by affirmative statement, implication or omission, that:

a. Federal Licensing, J.V., is affiliated with the United States Government or one of its agencies;

b. The fee paid to Federal Licensing, J.V., by a recipient of Respondents' circular for the renewal of a Federal Communications Commission (F.C.C.) license is the actual cost of renewing the license with the F.C.C.;

c. A renewal of a F.C.C. license can only be obtained through Federal Licensing, J.V.; and

d. The amount listed on the direct mail solicitation is due and owing...........

blah blah blah

This complaint is from 1988 !

Interesting they use a Gettysburg PA address....isnt that where the FCC Licensing people are ?

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Yea. I get that crap from the FD and a private company I do radio work for. They are trying to scare / scam you out of your money. You did the right thing. I don't even bother confronting them about not sending it too us anymore. It just goes in the trash.

Always stay on top of your license. Ours was a mess and it took me forever to sort it out when I took over.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X