hiring of college student.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiring of college student.

Do many volunter / full time depts hire college students, do you need KS-FF I,II. I ask because I will be going to bethany college in the next 4-5 years, I will be transfering from joco ks. I will have my KS-FF I and II completed and my EMT I/D. For the departments that hire volunter / full time, do you allow them to work around their college schedules. What I mean by full time is a volunter dept that has 1 station in a city that is fully staffed, such as lindsbork kansas has both volunter and city firefighters. I hope I havent confused the heck out of anyone.

I am a part-time student. I volunteer at an all-volunteer ambulance corps, and you pretty much get to pick your hours, so long as you do 9 hours a month, which is nothing. Yeah, it's actually pretty conducive to attending college. I use the down-time to study...it's quiet, and everybody leaves me alone when they see me bring in my massive chemistry book...lol. Go for it. In NYS, all you gotta do is fill out the application, have it approved by the board, and you're in. Of course, that is for volunteering. I don't know what the situation is for paid positions. Hope that helps a litte. Take care, Catrina

Comment

If you have your FF 1 and 2 and are an EMT you shouldn't have any problems. I currently volunteer and go to college and it works great. Good luck!
      FiremanGuss

"Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something smart"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...