Clear All

• 2nd Busiest

Congrats to the Brothers of Kentland 33 who have moved
    up to second busiest engine in the U.S.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Go Home We Got It

Comment

Who Cares?

If your station was a mile from one of the most crime-ridden cities in the nation, you didn't provide an EMS transport service, your 1st due area has more EMS runs than some parts of NYC and you were surrounded by fire stations that were staffed with career EMS units, you would have a busy Engine too!

There are alot busier houses in the same county but they aren't looking for recognition because the people that run in them are too busy serving the community they are from (Not the one that looked cool when they decided to import themselves from PA or NJ when they got sick of running one Medical Assist a week)
      Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Comment

Originally posted by TillerMan25
        Who Cares?

If your station was a mile from one of the most crime-ridden cities in the nation, you didn't provide an EMS transport service, your 1st due area has more EMS runs than some parts of NYC and you were surrounded by fire stations that were staffed with career EMS units, you would have a busy Engine too!

There are alot busier houses in the same county but they aren't looking for recognition because the people that run in them are too busy serving the community they are from (Not the one that looked cool when they decided to import themselves from PA or NJ when they got sick of running one Medical Assist a week)
        I'm confused by this post, please explain what you are talking about? .....what is the problem with a department answering a survey?
        Did I miss something?
        IACOJ Membership 2002
        {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Comment

I'm confused by the post too.

Additionally, I find it pretty impressive to be able to run the call volume they do with all volunteer staffing.

My question though is why are they listed in the career survey if they are in fact an all volunteer company that is part of a combination department?
          Mark
          Firefighter / Paramedic
          IAFF Local 10

Comment

Ltmdepas3280 and mstclair190,

In the past, threads related to the PG County FD have generated some spirited debate on these forums. At one time someone suggested the WT start a PG County Forum so these discussions wouldn't take up the whole Firefighter's forum.

Sometimes it seems safer to ask what type of lightbar I need on my POV than to comment on something related to Prince Georges County, Maryland.

Comment

I care for all my brothers and sisters...Cudos to our vollie brothers for running a ton of calls

Eone and Tiller I am ashamed by your attitude I think you may need to find a new career if you cant be more caring than the crap posted in this thread....

Comment

It's not a slam at them. We here in P.G. are proud that a company from our county does so well and does it 100% volunteer, 100% of the time. For a county that has a volunteer majority, it is nice to know they are doing something right. But alot of people import themselves here to say "I ride at Kentland" or Bladensburg or whatever other busy house there is down here.

E-OneTiller's comment is not a slam either. Kentland has the slogan "Go Home, We got it" on the front of one of their Engines.

E333- "Go Home, We got it" or "the Intimidator II"
                E332- "The Jet"
                E331- "Doin' the Deed" or "the Intimidator"
                Tower 33- "We Finish What others Can't"

Alot of companies down here have slogans painted on their apparatus. It's a pride thing. We have them too...

E251- "Titan 2000- Super Pumper
                E252- "Titan 2000- Support Pumper"
                E255- "Superior Pumper"
                Foam 25- "Foam Runner"
                Truck 25- "Heat Seeker"

The Brandywine VFD in Southern P.G. has a sweet set of 1987 Hahn Pumpers that are Marked "Southside Terror I & II." If you ever get a chance to see those 2 pumpers they are well worth the trip down there. Probably two of the best pumpers Hahn ever built.
                Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Comment

YUP!

Coming soon to the Second Battalion. A New Engine to replace Rescue Engine 183 And with a new paint scheme, Black over Yellow. In keeping with the tradition of the neighborhood, it'll have an inscription, "The Boulevard Boys" as in Glenn Dale Boulevard. Everbody, (You Too, Chris) Stay Safe....
                  Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                  In memory of
                  Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                  Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

BRAIN CRAMP!..........

After reading the posts above again, maybe this will clear up a couple of Questions. EMS Calls - We (PG County) send the closest help on an EMS call. If an Engine is the closest thing to your heart attack, then you get an Engine, which functions as a First Responder, and a BLS Ambulance as well as a Paramedic unit. Some Companies in PG County do not run an Ambulance (including Kentland), so they are dispatched with the Engine on all EMS calls in their area. Chris (TM25) was talking about the fact that some stations have recruited volunteers from all over the East coast, people who can come for a day or two at a time, once or twice a month. This area has the Busiest Volunteer operations on the face of the earth, and that attracts attention. There are people who are willing to drive anywhere from a half hour to eight hours to run calls here, after all we provide more calls here in a single weekend than some departments do in a full year. I ran 1,080 calls last year myself, that's more than 2 counties in Maryland had County wide. And to the Gentleman from Alabama, Yes, we do get a little high strung at times, but sticking together when the chips are down is automatic. Stay Safe....
                    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                    In memory of
                    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

My understanding was that Kentland's ENGINE is not making 6000+ runs a year, their HOUSE is making that many, COMBINED. Still impressive, but telling FH's Run Survey people that two trucks going to the same place is 2 runs just seems..... Well, I'll let the reader fill in the adjective of their choice. Also, if I remember correctly they send two personnel in a mini-pumper for the vast majority of their EMS runs?

[Immediate edit: If I'm wrong anywhere, please let me know, non-flaming if possible. Let's TRY to keep this one civil. ]
                      Last edited by CollegeBuff; 07-21-2003, 11:21 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X