New Contract Prohibits Hartford FFs From Volunteering Or Working In Other Towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    If a guy felt strongly that he wanted to continue to volunteer, he could cast a NO vote. However, it appears that things like salary, benefits and work conditions were more important to them. Since those things feed my family, I would have voted for the contract, too.
    I know people who wanted to continue to volunteer but were told if the contract didn't pass that they would be laid off, so they voted for it...I would have done the same thing.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Your new. Let me explain something to you.

I NEVER post something that:

1. Isn't a fact or
      2. Isn't my absolute fervent belief.
      omg, stop the presses. GeorgeWendtCFI, has discovered that I, me, the one known as DrParasite, am new. this is a code red, we must notify the pentagon. this should probably be on mentioned on the home page of firehouse.com, as well as in the new york times. this is a shocking discovery.

ok, no more making fun on George and his amazing detective skills. I appologize, it was a rhetorical qustion, designed to make you think that maybe you aren't right. then you would read the other two paragraphs, and think "you know, maybe this new guy has a point." or not.

It would seem Adze39 has some knowledge that would support my idea. we know what you said wasn't a fact, since you can't read another person's mind. your #2 comment is very true. "I NEVER post something that isn't my absolute fervent belief." and i'm sure you believe this 100%. Adze39 has some info that contradicts you belief. this info doesn't make you believe in what you think anyless, but it does say that there is a possiblity that you are not 100% correct.

Your old. Let me explain something to you.

1) just because I'm new, doesn't make what I say any less valid that what anyone else says.
      2) don't reject what I say because I'm new. read my posts. many are detailed and well thought out. some moreso than others. if you disagree with what I say, then by all means post your opinion, and give your reasons. and no, because "my gut tells me so" or some other baseless belief isn't a good reason.
      3) if you want to go by experiece on these pages (number of posts), then go to the juniors i'm sure you will find a bunch of people who have several hundred posts, yet havn't even been to a real fire yet. or if you want to go by time, then you are excluding people who registered late.
      Last edited by drparasite; 07-08-2003, 02:38 PM.
      If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

so comment all you want about my posts, but do not think because I am new, that I am without teeth, without a spine, or without a brain
        GO back and read every post in every thread. I NEVER said a word about you. I was commenting solely on the issue at hand. The WT wants us to act like that and I will.

You questioned my belief. I set you straight. I don't know you, know your background or know your knowledge level. So I don't have any judgement about you whatsoever.

If I am wrong, and I did comment about you, please point it out and I will edit it out. And I expect that you will edit out your condescending BS above as well (in keeping with the WT's desire so they don't shut the thread down).
        PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

I didn't contradict George's quote in my last post, don't know if that is what you are referring to but that is what I'm assuming...

He said "it appears that things like salary, benefits and work conditions were more important to them". If anything, I supported that claim. If my friends lost their jobs then there would be no salary, benefits or work conditions. So those things were more important to them.
          IACOJ Agitator
          Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

contradict was the wrong word. but as you posted, people might have strong feelings about wanting to continue to volunteer, but they weren't going to risk their jobs for their volunteer departments. everyone has their priorities (and i wouldn't disagree with paying job and food on the table being on of the high ones) but don't tell me that just because someone's prioritizes his paid job and family over his volunteer activities, that he doesn't feel strongly about them all.
            If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X