Membership Applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Applications

I need some help from the rest of you Vollies out there. My Dept. is looking to upgrade our membership applications. Currently we are using a form just a little bit bigger then a 3x5 card. This was used because we had a bar downstairs. Notice I said had! Best thing we could have done was get rid of it. Hence no more problems with the bar flies.
    What I am requesting from all of you is some ideas on what we can use such as questions to ask, background checks(what type and how far back). Maybe some of you have a copy of yours on disk or file and can e-mail me a copy so we can get some ideas. Anything would help.
    Also, if you require background checks do you initiate it or do you have the applicant take the form to the PD and have it done and the PD then notifies you if there is anything derogotory on it?
    SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
    "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

I got the best of both worlds- Firefighter and Marine

I am the secretary at a vol station in Allentown, PA. We have an application that the person fills out then we forward it to our Twp Police station and they run the background checks. Also the PA Dept of Transportation runs an Operators license check for no cost. This reveals if the individual had a DUI or any license suspensions in the past. We have a strict policy with our department drivers, if they have had their license revoked more than twice they will never drive our station vehicles.

Hope this helps !!!

Comment

Could you send me a copy? E-mail me and I will send you my address.
      SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
      "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

I got the best of both worlds- Firefighter and Marine

Comment

I just finished creating an entire application package for my Volunteer Rescue Squad (EMS Agency) It's in MS Word 2000 format. I can convert it to just about anything (including PDF format) you need.

E-mail me and I'll be glad to send it along to you. (E-mail in profile)

Package includes:
        1 Application Form (8-1/2" x 11" both sides)
        3 Reference Letter Forms (8-1/2" x 11" both sides)
        1 Cover Letter detailing what is expected of each new member and the application process. (8-1/2" x 11" one side)
        1 Check Sheet for the Membership committee to track application status. (8-1/2" x 11" one side)
        Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
        Stephen
        FF/Paramedic
        Instructor

Comment

Our dept has begun random UA's. We ask each applicant if they will submit a sample right on the Application. Seems to weed out candidates that may be a liability in the future.I do not know if this will help,but we find it has made a difference in our applicants.

Comment

Sorry I don't have copies, but I've filled out a few, and here's some of the things I seen. I lot depends on how much money your dept is willing to spend.

1. References
            2. Background check. My current dept sends everyone to the troopers to have them print one out for $20 (which they are reimbursed for). Not really sure what the criteria is for denying someone, but I believe it's felony convictions within certain time frame. Arson convictions are an automatic rejection (some of this may be law in certain areas).
            3. DMV check, $5 at the DMV or online in most states.
            4. Physical. My previous dept had everyone go through a full blown physical, but the dept contracted doctors. You had to be medically qualified to don SCBA, etc to get on.
            5. Other administrivia, such as hours available, personal data (phone, address, DOB, social), etc.
            6. For my current paid on call department, you have to fill out some municipal hire forms, W-4, INS paperwork, etc.
            7. Next of kin info.

Comment

WOW !! - I can't believe how many request I've gotten for these things.

So to make my life easier (and yours too) - I've placed the MS Word 2000 & Adobe PDF Format files online for download. Please overlook the crude fashion in which I have made them available, but it IS past my bed time.

http://www.cablenet-va.com/~leesteve/

For I.E. users simply right click the file name and select "Save As". For users of any other browser - you're on your own
              Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
              Stephen
              FF/Paramedic
              Instructor

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader