No announcement yet.

Reports and Recordkeeping: Who Does It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chief does it all, with 14 volunteers call volume of 160. its amazing at the paperwork that a small dept. has. I would hate to see what a large dept. has to do.

Comment

The secretary keeps all records and sends in the fire reports (she had the first computer). She grilllls me when I get back from a fire until she has the info she needs. Training reports for the Fl 160 hr. class are kept by the trainer with help from his mother (the secretary). We all get the same pay -- helping our neighbors.
      The paperwork is getting to be a real chore, Trying to keep ISO happy,they must have people that have nothing to do but come up new ideas for us to write about.

stay safe
      Stay Safe ~ The Dragon Still Bites!

Comment

Drivers do it

We have paid drivers that do the fire reports, and anything dealing with equipment. the training officer does all the training paperwork.
        BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
        Fire Fighter/Driver
        TLVFD, NY

Comment

I am Chief of a small Independent Company and I do MOST of the recordkeeping...what little recordkeeping we need to do.
          I do the reports for ALL incidents,my Asst Chief does the reports for weekly or monthly maintenance(ie,hose,SCBA,vehicles,etc),my Training Officer handles Training sessions and attendance and a meeting secretary handles the meeting minutes and our funding board handles everything having to do with funds going out or coming in(ie,donations,expenses for vehicle maintenance,fuel,etc).As for me,i review all of these and approve to my satisfaction.Every report or record is mandatory to be on my desk for my review.
          Were not really required to do all this paperwork BUT with us being Independent,we feel its neccessary due to problems that could arise later either by the public or by the County.

Donna C
          Fire Chief
          Bridge Canyon VFD
          http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

Comment

Re: Reports and Recordkeeping: Who Does It?

I'll hit these individually...

>> Who does it? Do you have a person in charge of different reports?

The general oversight and management of records, both for internal use and feeding the system used to report to NFIRS falls to the 2nd Asst. Chief. His efforts are fed by reports from a number of others, as below...

>> Do you have a person in charge of training records?

Lieutenant

>> Maintenance records?

Chief Engineer (Apparatus),
            Lieutenant (Loose Equipment/Turnouts/Radios)
            Trustees (Buildings, Grounds, General Office, etc.)

>> Hose-testing records?

Lieutenant

>> SCBA records?

Chief Engineer

>> Personnel records?

1st. Asst. Chief

I'll also add the following:

Incident Reports: OIC (time of incident),
            2nd. Asst. Chief (thereafter)

Financials: Treausurer (operations),
            Chief (budgets & municipal liaison)

Apparatus Ops. Records: Engineers (when apparatus is used)

There are probably more that I haven't thought of...hope this helps.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X