Pennsylvania POV Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
    There are those who have rued the advent of home alerts, and then pagers, as members no longer had to go to the fire station to find out it was "only" a car fire...

I don't actively run (ie, take shifts) with the not-for-profit ambulance I helped form because I can't see sitting around for 8 or more hours watching TV when I could be home doing something constructive. I know, I could be training, but that gets old, too.

True, that. At well over a half million a year to staff a single engine company 24/7, it'll be a long time before departments covering a hundred square miles on bake sales and raffles can go paid. Adding that engine company would triple my fire tax, for 200 calls a year, maybe.

Absolutely accurate!!! It would cost waaayyy more than our yearly budget to staff our station, for 152 calls last year.

Comment

Originally posted by JSJJ388 View Post

Why? We would never use the seats. It is quicker and more efficient to drive POV to the scene.
      Then you have a bunch of POV's clogging up the scene, not to mention how many of your POV's have hoses and water??? Not to mention you can pack up on the way. Lots of volunteers being injured or killed in POV crashes too. Unless you have to pass the scene on your way to the firehouse, there's zero reason to drive to the scene.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X