Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay Remmy View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I have nothing at all against the guy. In fact, I think he is one of the nicest, "chillest" guy ever. I know it takes a while and he's just doing his job going through the process. I just didn't know it would take so long. I am basically watching my phone hoping it rings and always keep my email open just to see. I guess I'm just a little too excited to start. I do have to gain some patience.

But after reading a lot of the threads on here, I'm trying to strive for some things:
    * Listening carefully and attentively
    * Ask questions and for explanations, especially when I don't know or don't understand something
    * Acting professionally and presenting myself as such
    * Dressing professionally
    * Not to seem like I know about things and that I'm an expert just because I read something about it on the internet
    * Being reliable with everything I need to do in the application process

Anything else I should keep in mind?
    Yes. Remember to enjoy it too, though thats not hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by tfpd109 View Post
      Yes. Remember to enjoy it too, though thats not hard to do.
      Haha yea. Honestly, when he brought me around the station and showed me all the apparatuses and introduced me to some people, I was so excited I had to talk my girlfriend's ear off about everything. Although, she's obviously not as excited as me.
      :-J Remmy

Comment

He told me that the area that they cover doesn't have fire hydrants and that they need to find water from lakes, pools, ponds, etc. I didn't know that stations did this? Is it common?

Comment

He told me that the area that they cover doesn't have fire hydrants and that they need to find water from lakes, pools, ponds, etc. I didn't know that stations did this? Is it common?
          Its a fairly common practice. We will get water from where ever we can. Of course fire hydrants are the best option, but if there are none, you have to get it from where you can.

Comment

Yea, it makes sense. I had just never considered what they did when they are in more rural areas where there are none. Pretty interesting actually.

Comment

Yes, especially in rural areas. We know them as dry hydrants, I am sure everyone has their own label for them.

Comment

There is one sure way to be a member sooner ----- apply sooner.
                ?

Comment

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
                  There is one sure way to be a member sooner ----- apply sooner.
                  Ha, very true. The hell of it is I can't even start until next month. I just can't wait to find out what the verdict is.

Comment

Delays and more delays. They got the drug test back and said that it was too diluted because I had drank too much water or something before hand. So now I have to take it again and wait another week for the results.

The only thing is, I need to do it ASAP to sign up for the summer Firefighter I crash course, of which the deadline is the end of the month.

I'm a lot less anxious about it though, because the guy, Steve, told me that everything else pretty much looks good to go, and I'm not worried about the drug test.

So now I just have to hurry up and wait.

Comment

YES. Got in. Start training right away. So...EXCITED.

Comment

Yea!!!

Congratulations......welcome to the club.
                        Respectfully,
                        Jay Dudley
                        Retired Fire
                        Background Investigator
                        IACOJ-Member
                        Lifetime Member CSFA
                        IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Very common in rural areas. If there is water somewhere and we can get to it and need it, we will take it.
                          "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X