Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep........

Originally posted by BrianB35 View Post
    I have a roll up toneau cover so I don't know if the back rack would fit. I thought about getting the gutter mounting brackets for a full size bar and then design a bridging part and then mounting the mini to that bridging part.

It works....... I have operated vehicles with Racks and Bed Covers, the Cover will work. We had Whelen Edge Bars mounted on the Racks, and they worked out OK, plenty of Light, no problems.......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

I was issued a light when I became an officer in my volly dept. I have had it behind the back seat in two pickups now. Think I used once on a mutual aid call other than that it has never scratched the paint once.

Comment

I am currently running into the same problem. I was wonderring about getting suction cups to replace the magnets but I am having trouble finding the right kind. Does anyone have any ideas of where to look?

Comment

Nope.........

Suction Cups don't have the "Withstand all Hazards" holding power of Magnets. They aren't bad for small lightweight stuff on the INside of a vehicle, but I wouldn't trust them OUTside........

Note to the "Wacker Bashers"..... I'm also looking for something to hold a Mini Bar on top of my (Work) Pickup. Magnets that are on the Bar are too good, and the light is hard to get on and off....... Being in the Asphalt Construction business, I think my need for a YELLOW lightbar is kinds obvious......
          In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
            Being in the Asphalt Construction business, I think my need for a YELLOW lightbar is kinds obvious......
            Wacker....

I've seen some pretty extensive (and expensive) lighting systems on construction/utility vehicles. Do they really need all those lights?
            Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
              Suction Cups don't have the "Withstand all Hazards" holding power of Magnets. They aren't bad for small lightweight stuff on the INside of a vehicle, but I wouldn't trust them OUTside........

Note to the "Wacker Bashers"..... I'm also looking for something to hold a Mini Bar on top of my (Work) Pickup. Magnets that are on the Bar are too good, and the light is hard to get on and off....... Being in the Asphalt Construction business, I think my need for a YELLOW lightbar is kinds obvious......
              Paving wacker....

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Uh Huh............

As I've pointed out many times, the Only difference between a Fire/Rescue operation and a Highway Maintenence operation is the number of EMT's on site...... Otherwise we are the same, Bunch of Trucks, Lots of flashing lights, People working in the roadway, Idiots tring to hit us.........
                In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X