No announcement yet.

Any paid Volunteer Chiefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some departments around the Philly area, if I recall correctly, that have paid officers for the township or county, who respond with volunteer or combination paid/volly departments

Comment

Last edited by 19echo95; 05-08-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

we have a division chief that is paid, Also I am just getting started but at a few stations they are paid for working day shifts. we work shifts and only on the weekends. 12 hr shifts. we also have vollie chiefs at each individual station. then we also have a paid guy (Lt.) at each station.. we are a pretty large dept. with more career guys and stations than vollies.
        Reserve FF/EMT HCFR sta 05
        Medic Student at SPC

Comment

it is a good question, because of the extensive regulations coming down the pipe to the individual departments, they almost have to have a compensated member of some sort to even just be aware of the daily updates.

The increased loads being put on volunteer departments can also have an adverse affect on member retention and recruitment.

Comment

My Department has a Full time Chief/Director and the rest are all volunteer's.
            He is reponsible for 3 main stations and 4 satalite stations(sheds with one truck in it) which cover about 1400 square miles! We have around 90 volunteers, none are ever on duty just on call 24/7 using a pager system!
            I think our chief/director makes around $60,000 per year plus benifits!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X