EVOV Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVOV Training

I'm signed up to take a two day EVOC training class. I'm not really that interested in driving apparatus or becoming an operator, but I want to learn everything I can just in case. that way I know how things work.
    My question is that I've been briefly filled in on the class, but wanted to get more opinions on it.
    What do you think of the class?
    What did you get from it?

What do you think of the class?
    What did you get from it?
    It's a good class. You get to find out how incredibly bad you are as a driver as you mow over cone after cone.

You also find out just how vulnerable you are legally as you race down the road RLAS. Makes you want to find reasons to shut them off.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
      It's a good class. You get to find out how incredibly bad you are as a driver as you mow over cone after cone.

You also find out just how vulnerable you are legally as you race down the road RLAS. Makes you want to find reasons to shut them off.
      Lol, nice.

Comment

I agree with Tree.....ALTHOUGH...I was the only one in my class to successfully back the tanker (that I had NEVER driven before!) through the serpentine without hitting any cones.....due to my SPOTTER.....you also learn how very important they are!!!!!

oh - which county would you be taking the class in?

Comment

A great class for firefighters who are driving fire equipment. All members should have and pass the class.

I receive my EVOC training from the Virginia Department of Fire Training, in all classes of fire apparatus.

I was also an department and a state instructor on this as well.
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

oh - you say a 2 day class? It isn't OFPC class then - that is 18 hours.....who is sponsoring it? Just curious.....

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
              A great class for firefighters who are driving fire equipment. All members should have and pass the class.

I receive my EVOC training from the Virginia Department of Fire Training, in all classes of fire apparatus.

I was also an department and a state instructor on this as well.
              Even if you don't drive apparatus, it helps you understand what operators deal with when driving - give many a new respect for the apparatus and how hard it can be to steer/brake etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by pasobuff View Post
                Even if you don't drive apparatus, it helps you understand what operators deal with when driving - give many a new respect for the apparatus and how hard it can be to steer/brake etc.....
                That's kind of what I was thinking, thanks for stating what I couldn't. I was thinking that it would help, even if I don't drive.

To answer you questions:
                It's a 2 day weekend class. Saturday (8-5) is lecture training and Sunday is driving.
                It's sponsored by Shepard, Maxwell & Hale Insurance
                It's in Genesee County in NY. My County (Wyoming) hasn't had it come up in a while.

It's titled:
                E.V.O.C. UTICA MUTUAL EMERGENCY VEHICLE OPERATION

Comment

Originally posted by Rice09 View Post
                  UTICA MUTUAL
                  A very fire-minded insurance company (there's a steamer in their lobby). It says something if the insurance companies are willing to provide these classes - free.
                  Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

I agree with you Tree!.....Chubb sponsors a lot of classes too, but you have to go to their training center in NJ.....

Nothing through the end of May for Genesee.....do you have this link to check back to?

http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/trainin...htrngsched.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Rice09 View Post
                      That's kind of what I was thinking, thanks for stating what I couldn't. I was thinking that it would help, even if I don't drive.

To answer you questions:
                      It's a 2 day weekend class. Saturday (8-5) is lecture training and Sunday is driving.
                      It's sponsored by Shepard, Maxwell & Hale Insurance
                      It's in Genesee County in NY. My County (Wyoming) hasn't had it come up in a while.

It's titled:
                      E.V.O.C. UTICA MUTUAL EMERGENCY VEHICLE OPERATION
                      Its a great class, when I took EVOC a year or so ago they were the people who sponsored our class as well. A very good program that will as they have all said open your eyes and show you just what can happen to you personally if you drive like an idiot.

Comment

I agree with you Tree!.....Chubb sponsors a lot of classes too, but you have to go to their training center in NJ.....

Nothing through the end of May for Genesee.....do you have this link to check back to?

http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/trainin...htrngsched.pdf
                        Not sure what you mean. That link wouldn't open.

Comment

do you have adobe reader? I just opened the link no problem.....

The link goes to the County listing for NYS of training classes currently scheduled through the end of March.....

Comment

I got the link to work
                            http://www.wcfirewire.com/training.htm

I'm registered for the Evoc class in April
                            Last edited by Rice09; 03-28-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I probably could get certified to drive one of your horses. I've walked behind mules before. That should count.
                              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...