No announcement yet.

How Warm is your Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

55 in the apparatus room, 60 in the meeting room turn it up meeting night. All nat. gas forced air. Very expensive, all the equipment is 35 years old.

NO A/C

Comment

We are a career station but this thread made me laugh a bit

for heat last day we had 5 space heaters, a natural gas oven on set on 500 degrees and one gas fired heater in the bay running full speed. Yes we are the one that teach frie safety for the community hahaha. I think we made it up to about 60 in the living quarter damn heat was out again. Usually we are lucky to keep it around 65 unless the wind is blowing then the drafts keep it around 55.

During the summer we have window units we are lucky to keep it under 80 during the day and we might get it down to 75 during the night time. No windows to open due to secruity reasons.

Comment

BoxAlarm187 "Work: Gas-fed overhead heaters, which have two settings: "Off" and "Chernobyl."

^^^Nearly made me fall out of my chair from laughing so hard.

We have gas fired, radiant heaters that are in the 30 year old range. They keep it decent in the bays but nothing really outstanding due to the drafty nature of our block building. During the summer months the temperature stays just about perfect (sometimes too cool) day and night. As for our office and "Day Room" they are heated with electric space heaters and cooled with window a/c units. We are in the planning stages of an overhaul for our day room to make it a more inviting (and warmer) place to hang out as well as add some bunk rooms to allow people to stay the night.

Comment

We were using electric furnaces, but not now........

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X