Anyone use Swiss Pagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Swiss Pagers?

Hey guys, our current department deploys Unication (aka Alpha Pagers), but our chief has informed us that we are getting some new pagers by what he called Swiss Pagers... Has anyone used these before, and whats your thoughts on them? Would it really be worth the switch? I like my alpha pager, but I have heard mixed things about the Swiss Pagers...

Let me know!

Jon Beard
    OGVFD 1222

Jon google it son.

http://www.lundfirepagers.com/
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Swissphone.

Good luck.

Comment

We stopped buying /\/\ V' s a five years ago after sending most of them back to depot repair multiple times. We started buying Apollo and SwissPhone pagers at that time.
        The swissphnes have worked well with excellent battery life and no failures yet. We just ordered 5 more.

Comment

Also, the Swiss Phones use AA rechargeable batteries so you can pop in a regular AA on the fly if needed. The fact that you can buy replacments at WalMart is nice too.

Comment

We use Swissphone pagers for the past two and after some inital problems with phantom paging and tone spacing from our dispatch they have been quite reliable. We bought the programing software and everyone got a kick when I had it tones sounding like Marry had a little lamb to show its versatility.

The only problem that all of us have is at 2:00AM when it goes off it is not user friendly when you're half asleep. I'd prefer a volume knob versus menu driven volume control.

Comment

Hi Brian. I'm working for Swissphone. We actually improved the operating concept of the pager and everyone is welcomed to demo it...even if you already tried one with the traditional operating concept. We decided to stick with the buttons but simplified it the following way:
              long press right = increase volume
              hit right button twice = decrease volume
              long press left = replay message
              hit left button twice = change profile

The cool thing is that we even added the voice announcement everyone likes so much with the Minitors.

You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested. We just shipped the first batch of prototypes to the U.S.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X