X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devilpup2010
    replied
    Originally posted by tree_house View Post
    Go down to your local fire volunteer fire station. Talk with some of the guys down there to get an idea of what your getting yourself into and depending on the department you may have to fill out a application for membership.

As for firefighting experience, you will more than likely have to go through some schooling for so many hours depending on your state. If you show that you are willing to learn most people on the department will more than likely go out there way to show you the ropes and how things are done.
    What sort of physical shape will you need to be in to become a firefighter?

Leave a comment:

• tree_house
    replied
    Go down to your local fire volunteer fire station. Talk with some of the guys down there to get an idea of what your getting yourself into and depending on the department you may have to fill out a application for membership.

As for firefighting experience, you will more than likely have to go through some schooling for so many hours depending on your state. If you show that you are willing to learn most people on the department will more than likely go out there way to show you the ropes and how things are done.

Leave a comment:

• devilpup2010
    started a topic Help :/ Want to become a volunteer

Help :/ Want to become a volunteer

I want to become a volunteer firefighter, but I have absolutely no experience. I plan to enlist into the Marine Corps in a couple of years, but in the meantime I would like to do something to benefit myself and my community. I've always been interested in becoming a volunteer, but I've never delved into the process. I am eighteen and just graduated high school (class of 2010). Where should I start? Again, I have ZERO experience.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X