No announcement yet.

Help :/ Want to become a volunteer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely suggest getting on now. My volunteer department in Western NY put me on military leave when I enlisted. I was still an active member when I came home on leave. They did drop me after 7 years and I took a job in Michigan.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by devilpup2010 View Post
      I want to become a volunteer firefighter, but I have absolutely no experience. I plan to enlist into the Marine Corps in a couple of years, but in the meantime I would like to do something to benefit myself and my community. I've always been interested in becoming a volunteer, but I've never delved into the process. I am eighteen and just graduated high school (class of 2010). Where should I start? Again, I have ZERO experience.
      Hello Little Brother

My advice to you is to find out which fire district you live in, and then go down to the Station and meet the guys. Hang out a little and get to know the members. Ask if it would be ok to come to a few meetings to see if its something you are truly interested in. If it is and you have time ask for an application and go from there.

Good Luck.
      Stay Safe
      Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
      - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
      -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

If you live in rutherford college then your best bet would probably be lovelady fire dept which is located on the main drag.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X