Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An honor for someone who doesn't deserve it, in my opinon. What's your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
    How is a volunteer "fired"?
    By being "involuntarily terminated." Thrown out of the department.

Granted, fired usually refers to being let go from a paid position, but the principle is the same. They don't want to leave (and give up that jacket) but they are being shown the door.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Seriously, let it go man. I was on a small town volunteer department in north Georgia before I got hired on with Dalton several years ago. The mayor was the chief and all the captains were city counsel members. Anyway, half the department voted for a new mayor and the other half and all the captains voted for the existing mayor/chief. Anyway, words were said, no one would let it go and the department split right in half. I left, it was not a safe position to be in. Again, let it go, get over it, what ever. You don't want to be "that guy", the one everyone black balls because you wanted to make a big deal out of something that they obviously want. But hey, if you want to persist, then be happy to lay in the bed you make doing it. If you post what happens on here and it's a boohoo story you're gonna get a bunch of "I told you so's!"

Let it go man.

Comment

Sigh...................Not your fight now and probably not the best forum to air these differences.
        A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X