Got a new tanker, need speaker..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new tanker, need speaker..

A month ago we ordered a new tanker, and it just came in today. I was put in charge of the electronics for it which means radio, siren, etc.. I got the radio, and siren.. I just need a speaker. The siren I got is a 100w/200w power call siren. Now the speaker is difficult because of the budget.. $110 max on a speaker. Any suggestions?

www.galls.com
    Fire scenes: A well organized cluster F......
    These are my veiws and opinions.....Im just saying

Comment

I already checked that.. Not compatible with the Powercall X7200 :|. I am probably going to go with two of the STL Fitt 100-Watt Speaker's. It's a little bit over but I can pay for that myself.. Thank's anyways Chewy911!

Comment

Did you check with David at powercallsirens.com to see if he has anything available?
        Career Fire Captain
        Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
          Did you check with David at powercallsirens.com to see if he has anything available?
          Yeah, I'll call him tomorrow before I decide to buy any speakers.

Comment

How quickly do we forget ICS in the fire world. Tanker is an airplane, tender is a truck that carries a lot of water to a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ffflife View Post
              Yeah, I'll call him tomorrow before I decide to buy any speakers.
              OK, just as an FYI, we're getting socked with snow on the east coast, so he may or may not be in the office in the morning.
              Career Fire Captain
              Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by firefightcowboy View Post
                How quickly do we forget ICS in the fire world. Tanker is an airplane, tender is a truck that carries a lot of water to a fire.
                When DHS comes off the money to re-letter our tankers, we'll start calling 'em tenders. Ah, who am I kidding, no we won't.
                Career Fire Captain
                Volunteer Chief Officer

Comment

Remember where ICS was created. If it had been on the east coast, you'd be finding new names for your airplanes.

Tankers carry water. Tenders carry coal.
                  Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Yeah!............

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                    Remember where ICS was created. If it had been on the east coast, you'd be finding new names for your airplanes.

Tankers carry water. Tenders carry coal.
                    What he Said!..............
                    Attached Files
                    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                    In memory of
                    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Keep in mind that comes from a group of people who decided it was easier to rename 15,000 trucks instead of 15 airplanes.

Comment

Ok, a 100 watt siren speaker is a 100 watt siren speaker. No compatability issues - they are what they are. Dirty little secret, the major part of them are almost all made by the same manufacturer.

You can wire your siren for either 100 watt or for 200 watt operation. If all you can afford is 1 speaker, slap on a 99 dollar special from Galls and when you can afford 2 upgrade to 200 watts. (HINT - going from 100 to 200 watts does not mean twice the sound)

Or contact your local two way shop - where you buy your radios from - and see what they have on the used pile. They often will give or nearly give one to a good customer. (If you buy yours from mail order, then oh well....)

If you simply will die if you don't get 200 watts from the gitgo, what do you have to trade?

And you ask for a tender around here you will be met with silence, ask for a tanker and you get water on wheels!

Comment

And you ask for a tender around here you will be met with silence, ask for a tanker and you get water on wheels!

Or they'll ask... Do you want sauce with that?

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                            Ok, a 100 watt siren speaker is a 100 watt siren speaker. No compatability issues - they are what they are. Dirty little secret, the major part of them are almost all made by the same manufacturer.

You can wire your siren for either 100 watt or for 200 watt operation. If all you can afford is 1 speaker, slap on a 99 dollar special from Galls and when you can afford 2 upgrade to 200 watts. (HINT - going from 100 to 200 watts does not mean twice the sound)

Or contact your local two way shop - where you buy your radios from - and see what they have on the used pile. They often will give or nearly give one to a good customer. (If you buy yours from mail order, then oh well....)

If you simply will die if you don't get 200 watts from the gitgo, what do you have to trade?

What he said. Just because you have two 100 watt speakers doesn't mean twice the warning sound. If that was the case 4 would be a lot better than 2!

A lot of radio shops have speakers that were once on apparatus or other emergency vehicles. They are either sitting on a shelf or in a box in a corner waiting to the chance to wail again!

Why wasn't the siren and speakers specked in the truck and the company from which is making this water wagon for your FD install it at their factory???

Better yet why not a Q2???
                            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Who orders a new truck without warning equipment?
                              Career Firefighter
                              Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                              I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X