Officer Qualifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Qualifications?

Hey again guys, are there any implemented restrictions or qualifications needed to become an officer in your/any volly department? According to a few I've talked to, you only need 1 year experience to be a Lieutenant and 5 years to become a Chief. What are your takes? I've been in the fire service for almost 3 years and I can never get a straight answer. . thanks guys!

Well........

Not to be a smart azz, but I just posted this info a couple of months ago on here. If I might suggest, try the Search thingy and see if you can find that one. it had a lot of good info.

If not, let us know and I'll post mine here........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ashburn_2011 View Post
      Hey again guys, are there any implemented restrictions or qualifications needed to become an officer in your/any volly department? According to a few I've talked to, you only need 1 year experience to be a Lieutenant and 5 years to become a Chief. What are your takes? I've been in the fire service for almost 3 years and I can never get a straight answer. . thanks guys!
      Requirements vary from department to department. The requirements for your department should be documented somewhere, maybe in your bylaws.

For us, you need FFII, Haz Mat Ops, First Responder to become a Lt.
      Captain needs the above plus Fire Officer 1.
      Deputy and Assistant Chief needs above plus 1 year as a line officer.
      Chief needs above plus 1 year as a Asst or Deputy Chief.

There are a few other classes such as NIMS that you must have and I'm working from memory, so I might have forgotten a few.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
        Not to be a smart azz, but I just posted this info a couple of months ago on here. If I might suggest, try the Search thingy and see if you can find that one. it had a lot of good info.

If not, let us know and I'll post mine here........
        How hard is it to answer the question?

Comment

A lot harder than using the search.
          ?

Comment

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
            A lot harder than using the search.
            Find it and send me the link then. . if i couldve found it, i wouldn be starting this thread. . .hmmm

Comment

I have also posted at least twice in the last year or so... search for those.

If you are too lazy to search, how can you call someone out for not wanting to repost the same info...........again???
              I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Find it and send me the link then. . if i couldve found it, i wouldn be starting this thread. . .hmmm
                You didn't try too hard... most were within the first 3 pages when I searched for "officer qualifications".

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...qualifications

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

So, I guess I will at least try to be helpful. If you PM me with your email address I will send you a copy of our bylaws that we rewrote this last year for this very reason. We have it broke down pretty well, I would be happy to help where I can.

Good Luck

Stay Safe

FD5
                  "EVERYONE GOES HOME... ALWAYS"

"Let no mans ghost come back to say his training let him down."

Comment

As a spot opens up, the person with the most time on the job gets the spot. Dumb as dirt idea, but that is the way it is.
                    FF/Paramedic

Comment

Ok..............

Ashburn, The First link in Chief KN's post above ^^^^^^^ Contains one of my answers....... Merry Christmas!............
                      In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Lose the attitude. It is not a good way to make friends nor to get answers to your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by rm1524 View Post
                          Lose the attitude. It is not a good way to make friends nor to get answers to your questions.
                          My bad guys, caught me on a bad day. . Thanks for all your help. I apologize.

Comment

Well............

We try......... And, we know everyone has a bad day, including me...... Stay safe out there.......
                            In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

How hard is it to answer the question?
                              Wrong reply. What you meant to say was, "I'm sorry. I should have taken the tiny bit of initiative needed to use the Search function."
                              "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                              sigpic
                              The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X