Looking for a volunteer dept in/around Portland, OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a volunteer dept in/around Portland, OR

I'm currently a volunteer firefighter in Texas. Making a move to Portland, OR for work. I'd really love to be involved in a volunteer FD. But I need to live as close in to the Portland city center as possible.

I know that Tualatin Valley has some volunteers--although there are currently no openings.

Any others that anyone knows of?

Thanks!

TVFR is slowly moving away from volunteers. Clackamas Fire takes apps about once a year and has just finished their process for the 2011 academy. Both are near Portland city center.

Comment

Originally posted by osuman View Post
      TVFR is slowly moving away from volunteers. Clackamas Fire takes apps about once a year and has just finished their process for the 2011 academy. Both are near Portland city center.
      That would depend a lot on where you consider the city center of Portland is.

Comment

A vol dept close in to the Portland city center might be tough to find, based on how you define "close in".

Does the need to be close in trump your desire to be involved in a VFD, or would you live further out in order to volunteer somewhere?

Might want to look across the bridge as well, lots of opportunities to volunteer in Clark County.
        Last edited by sfd1992; 12-16-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X