Finger print requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finger print requirements?

I've searched and gotten overloaded with unrelated information. I've searched NIMS and got over loaded with information there too.

Now I it might be a case of not recognizing key words or even just totally blind.

Does anyone know the exact rule/law that requires a fire department to finger print personnel?

Any information about this is GREATLY appreciated.
    Last edited by XRaysJL; 11-16-2010, 12:51 PM.

I don't know of any federal law that requires this. If so, I know a lot of departments that aren't in compliance!
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Can't speak for state laws - you'd have to check with your state fire office.

I've never been fingerprinted as the result of being a member of a fire department as such. I was printed when we applied for a liquor license (for our social hall/fundraising facility) since I was CEO of the department at the time. Even EMT didn't require fingerprints.
      Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by XRaysJL View Post
        I've searched and gotten overloaded with unrelated information. I've searched NIMS and got over loaded with information there too.

Now I it might be a case of not recognizing key words or even just totally blind.

Does anyone know the exact rule/law that requires a fire department to finger print personnel?

Any information about this is GREATLY appreciated.
        No federal requirement. And certainly not in NIMS!

Comment

Originally posted by XRaysJL

There is no exact law or rule that I am aware of unless it is a local/municipal thing. I know of a few that do collect fingerprints of the thumb and index on the right hand, but they lack the technoloy to do anything with it.

FEMA/DHS and NIMS do not require it, unless you are working in their venue. I don't know of any State that collects this data.

I don't recall any pipeline discussion on fingerprint collection.

So, what are you thinking?
          HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

When I was hired, I was and by the way the police still are doing finger printing.

It is done to see if the applicant has any papers on them, warrants and wants, the like.

Plus too it also checks to see if there any police records on the applicant, which they may have not reported on the application.

If you are clean then you have nothing to hide or fear!!
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Thans!

Thanks guys!
              This information helped.

Comment

While it may not be federal or state law the county where I volunteer requires it.

Comment

We don't have new FF recruits get fingerprinted, but they do have a Colorado Bureau of Investigation background check done on them.
                  I work for the local Sheriffs Office. We get all sorts of people in who need to get fingerprinted for jobs, like school teacher, day care, white water raft guide and ski area employees, so I don't see anything unreasonable about geeting firefighters fingerprinted, too.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X