Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie hand book help!!! to answer some questions please HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie hand book help!!! to answer some questions please HELP!!!!

I know I know .... but if any of you have any

- What does 50:1 fuel ratio mean????.

-What type of fuel does saw's generators and fans take?.

- What's the difference between Utility rope and life line???.

-What does Flying stand pipe mean?.

-

Can any one define.

Driver-

OIC-

Hook / can man-

Outside vent man-

Roof man-

What do Fire Investigators Carry?.

Please help me out I would very much thank you for this please help

This is the kind of stuff that you need to learn on your own. Help denied.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by heat202 View Post
      I know I know .... but if any of you have any

- What does 50:1 fuel ratio mean????.
      this is the ratio of gas to oil mixture.

-What type of fuel does saw's generators and fans take?.

Easy answer. type of fuel = Gas well, correction, we have a diesel generator on one truck, and hydraulic on another, and a gas on the other engine.
      Saws usually take mixed, generators, take strait, and fans....its a toss up ours take strait

Utility rope is reusable, life line is used once, then it becomes utility rope. there is another issue of type, but I don't remember, look it up

-What does Flying stand pipe mean?
      For my dept, it is the hook up on our Ariel

-

Can any one define.

Driver- The driver of the truck.

OIC- Officer in Charge

Hook / can man- This is different terminology that I've been taught, 7 years ago

Outside vent man- The guy on the outside of the structure, doing ventilation operations

Roof man- the guy on the roof

What do Fire Investigators Carry? My dept, coffee, donuts, and a can of chew. I don't know what they are looking for.. a camera maybe?

Please help me out I would very much thank you for this please help

Comment

Sounds like a homework assignment. You should just look it up......

Comment

Utility rope is reusable, life line is used once, then it becomes utility rope. there is another issue of type, but I don't remember, look it up

Rescue rope must be dynamic, meaning it will stretch somewhat under a load and absorb shock. Utility rope is static, meaning it will not stretch under a load. Also the composition of the rope differs. And yes, used rescue rope can be used as utility rope.

What do Fire Investigators Carry? My dept, coffee, donuts, and a can of chew. I don't know what they are looking for.. a camera maybe?

Watch Backdraft.
          Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

I learned a lot by keeping my mouth shut and my eyes/ears open. I still learn that way although we have such a high turnover rate for vollies that I have to speak more now.

Comment

Heat202, a little work on your part and you could easily find these answer these questions yourself. Looks like MonkeyBiz did your homework for you, which you might want to take advantage of, because the rest of us wouldn't.

Your rookie time is a chance to learn, and taking the easy way out only shortchanges yourself.
              Career Fire Captain
              Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Hey Box, you pretty much summed it up.

By the way, the Fire Investigator also carries a big stick... it is useful to remind rookies to pay attention.
                HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

I may have told him the time of day or what happens to rookies who go and get others to do their homework!!

I think a oral test would get him hung!

A big stick isn't what I had in mind, but show him Out the door!
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Wow if anyone on my small dept tryed to pull answers out like this that would be a never ending workout every drill.

Ive been on for a number of years and we train and teach and help with problems and even studding if needed but if a rook took it outside to find help................................ what are they going to do when the roof begins to calapse and there is only time to react, theres no time to phone a friend then.

HEAT, hit the books, dont attempt to do something your only guessing on, your fellow firefighters lives mean more then a guess.

Comment

So why is asking people on the internet such a big problem for you. I am glad the guys on my department were not so hostile when I started. Where, Do you believe this info should come from?

Comment

From your crew the guys that are putting there lives on the line with the trusted heart that they believe the one they are entering the fire with knows there stuff. Trust in a crew is like oil in the truck, without it it goes nowhere.

Heat, talk to your crew, you might be surprised how much they will be willing to help.

Comment

Originally posted by HAFD112 View Post
                          Where, Do you believe this info should come from?
                          Ask the guys in the station. Ask guys from neighboring departments. Check the ISFTA guide. Read reference material in the station. And when all else fails: GOOGLE!
                          Career Fire Captain
                          Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
                            Ask the guys in the station. Ask guys from neighboring departments. Check the ISFTA guide. Read reference material in the station. And when all else fails: GOOGLE!
                            If the guys at his station are as unfriendly as some on this forums he'll get more flack than answers.

Comment

Originally posted by HAFD112 View Post
                              If the guys at his station are as unfriendly as some on this forums he'll get more flack than answers.
                              The point is that he shouldnt be asking ANYONE for the answers. He SHOULD be making an attempt to find the answers on his own. Now, perhaps if he has asked "Where might I find these answers" or "What text would I find this information in?" I might have been more inclined to help him. There's not much in your profile.....I bet you are another young kid who thinks the world owes you everything and/or thinks its ok to take the easy way out of everything.

When I was a Junior if I had flat out asked the questions, I would probably have received about 20 more (and harder) questions to provide written answers for.
                              Last edited by FWDbuff; 11-05-2010, 08:08 AM.
                              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X