This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laguna View Post
    I'm not throwing it away... In my Dept. We are actually required to have one...
    Then for the love of god buy a used one. I could not imagine paying THAT much for personal lighting or a siren for my truck. I bought my siren for 30 bucks off a guy on a different forum. It's the same siren that's in our tanker, and it works great. Save yourself some money, and buy used if you HAVE to have one. Then take the 200 dollars you saved and buy a bail out kit or a flashlight or some better fitting gloves. Something a bit more useful.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

My truck has a 100gal. tank in the back underneath the bed so I have a reason to take my pov..
      Pictures, please.
      Career Fire Captain
      Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

I wasn't going to comment on the 100 gallons of water... but I just have to ask...

Is that considered a Mini-Tanker?
        HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
          I wasn't going to comment on the 100 gallons of water... but I just have to ask...

Is that considered a Mini-Tanker?
          Well, it was on my truck when I got it... Dealer said that it was used for fertilizer.. I'll try to take pics, but I doubt yall can see it..

Comment

Well, it was on my truck when I got it... Dealer said that it was used for fertilizer.. I'll try to take pics, but I doubt yall can see it..
            Forgive me, but in what way does this justify you taking your POV over someone who doesnt have such a setup?
            Career Firefighter
            Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
            I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

My truck has a 100gal. tank in the back underneath the bed so I have a reason to take my pov...
              Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
                Forgive me, but in what way does this justify you taking your POV over someone who doesnt have such a setup?
                i have something of use in lets say.... a brush fire? other than someone elses pov which has nothing of use in a brush fire...

Comment

i have something of use in lets say.... a brush fire? other than someone elses pov which has nothing of use in a brush fire...
                  Maybe no one else is curious, but I just have to ask. Could you describe you setup? How do you pump? How much hose do you carry and what type\size? Do you carry SCBA?

Comment

Does your FD conduct EMS services? If it does and they authorize you, it would be better to spend your money on an EMS bag or other necessary equipment. Of course, you would have to be trained (EMT, etc) to use that equipment.

If you happen to be at an event and a medical emergency happened, you could use your EMS equipment to conduct lifesaving procedures, until the ambulance arrived.

Even if you are not an EMT, having the CPR training, allows you to conduct CPR. Therefore, invest your money in CPR masks and latex gloves to position in your vehicle(s).

Other than a good fire extinguisher, I would not spend any money on firefighting or other related equipment with your own money.

If a fire was small, you could possibly use a fire extinguisher to fight it. If it was bigger than that, the "big rigs" would be needed. Firefighting needs to be done with SCBA.

Comment

Are you the guy that has the Youtube pics of his lights and siren?

Comment

It is! The 16 year old from other posts here on Firehouse. Here is his Youtube stuff,

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrandeLaguna

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                          It is! The 16 year old from other posts here on Firehouse. Here is his Youtube stuff,

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrandeLaguna
                          Who..? My truck is no where near black or a ram.. its a 1500 white chevy silverado

Comment

Originally posted by Acklan View Post
                            Maybe no one else is curious, but I just have to ask. Could you describe you setup? How do you pump? How much hose do you carry and what type\size? Do you carry SCBA?
                            There is a tank behind my gas tank, above the axle, and below the bed of my truck.. It's 100gal., controlled by an electric pump that pumps about 15-20GPM. Hose is behind the cab

Comment

Who..? My truck is no where near black or a ram.. its a 1500 white chevy silverado

No, its too you to be anyone else. You just got that model siren, 3-4 days you were talking about it on Youtube wanting to see a video of it, happy that you found one online.

Priceless. You still display your license plate though on Youtube... I got to remember to make that call this week.

You are 16, with LAS. Scary.

Yeah, here is your previous thread...

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117106
                              Last edited by LVFD301; 10-10-2010, 08:34 PM.

Comment

So you'd like us to believe that there is another identical person to you doing the same thing as you, with the same equipment as you, with the same name as you, on the same internet forum.

Right. Go away. The village is looking for you. Does your mommy know you're on the computer past your bedtime.

And just in case he wises up.....
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by nmfire; 10-10-2010, 08:45 PM.
                                Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X