Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help... Suggestions for Department Schedule!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help... Suggestions for Department Schedule!!

I need some help, suggestions, ideas. I'm a firefighter in southern Colorado, we use a schedule for response, but a lot of the guys think there are some better ways to go about this. Cliff's notes, we run lights/sirens on pov's, have a handful of dedicated engineers (drivers), most FF'rs respond to the scene. Primary/secondary lasts 1 week each.

We run a Primary/Secondary schedule for all fire fighters, meaning for 2 weeks on a rotation of about 4-5 weeks we're on "Duty"

Secondary: respond non-code to one of our 2 stations, either drive second out truck, or sit at station in preperation for second call.

Primary: Respond POV to all calls, city and county.

The problem we're running into is, out of 12-16 FF's on the roster, it seems the same 4 or 5 of us are always on duty, "covering" for the other guys who can't respond during work hours, or whatever the reason. Things came to a head this weekend when 3 of us who are always on duty wanted to leave town, but couldn't find coverage...... So I'm here looking any useful info. How do you guys do it?????????

Ours is pretty simple. Everybody is expected to do one duty a week. Shift workers and those that can cover during the day, others at night and the live-ins cover overnights. Only officers have to sign up for a certain evening duty night. We have voluntary sign ups for day duty to try and make sure that at least the ambulance is covered.

We run about 2000 calls a year, combined fire and EMS. We probably have about 100 members, but not all are active. If I had to guess, I would say that the majority of the calls are run by 20-25 members.

Comment

What exactly is your call volume?

Comment

Originally posted by CGITCH View Post
        What exactly is your call volume?
        250 calls +/-, no medical calls

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola